Corporate giant Deloitte is permanently closing 4 offices, putting 500 staff on work-from-home contracts
Deloittesaid Saturday it would close four of its 50 officesin the UK — but staff will remain at the big four firm on work-from-home contracts.
- The accounting and consulting giant said it would shut its offices in Gatwick, Liverpool, Nottingham, and Southampton, where about 500 people work.
- "Any proposed change is to our 'bricks and mortar,' not our presence in these regions," said Stephen Griggs, Deloitte's UK managing partner.
Global accounting and consulting firm Deloitte will close four of its 50 British offices as it reviews its real estate portfolio in the coronavirus
Deloitte said it would shut its offices in Gatwick, Liverpool, Nottingham and Southampton, where about 500 people work.
"COVID-19 has fast-tracked our future of work programme, leading us to review our real estate portfolio," Stephen Griggs, Deloitte's UK managing partner, said in an emailed statement.
He said all staff based at the four locations slated for closure would continue to be employed by Deloitte under permanent work-from-home contracts.
"Any proposed change is to our 'bricks and mortar,' not our presence in these regions", he said.
The Financial Times newspaper first reported on the closures.
In April, Deloitte said it would be cutting pay for partners at its British businesses by 20% to protect jobs during the
Reporting by Rebekah Mathew in Bengaluru; editing by Helen Popper and Kevin Liffey
- IFC to invest Rs 600 cr in Mahindra & Mahindra's new last-mile EV firm
- In Putin and Russia, Xi sees a counterweight to American influence: White House
- Back to Square One: Nifty circles back to levels last seen in September 2021, markets likely to end 2023 in the red
- From RO systems to boiling: Here’s how Indians are dealing with impure drinking water
- RBI directs all banks to keep branches open till March 31 for annual closing