Corporate giant Deloitte is permanently closing 4 offices, putting 500 staff on work-from-home contracts
Deloittesaid Saturday it would close four of its 50 officesin the UK — but staff will remain at the big four firm on work-from-home contracts.
- The accounting and consulting giant said it would shut its offices in Gatwick, Liverpool, Nottingham, and Southampton, where about 500 people work.
- "Any proposed change is to our 'bricks and mortar,' not our presence in these regions," said Stephen Griggs, Deloitte's UK managing partner.
Global accounting and consulting firm Deloitte will close four of its 50 British offices as it reviews its real estate portfolio in the coronavirus
Deloitte said it would shut its offices in Gatwick, Liverpool, Nottingham and Southampton, where about 500 people work.
He said all staff based at the four locations slated for closure would continue to be employed by Deloitte under permanent work-from-home contracts."Any proposed change is to our 'bricks and mortar,' not our presence in these regions", he said.
The Financial Times newspaper first reported on the closures.In April, Deloitte said it would be cutting pay for partners at its British businesses by 20% to protect jobs during the
- Biden picks Indian-American Neera Tanden to head powerful budget office: Reports
- Paytm Money levels up against Zerodha — launches a new feature that allows retail investors to apply for IPOs
- Lunar eclipse today: When and where to watch the fourth and final Chandra Grahan this year
- China's Chang'e-5 probe prepares for a soft landing on the moon
- AR Rahman becomes BAFTA Breakthrough India ambassador