Corporate giant Deloitte is permanently closing 4 offices, putting 500 staff on work-from-home contracts
Deloittesaid Saturday it would close four of its 50 officesin the UK — but staff will remain at the big four firm on work-from-home contracts.
- The accounting and consulting giant said it would shut its offices in Gatwick, Liverpool, Nottingham, and Southampton, where about 500 people work.
- "Any proposed change is to our 'bricks and mortar,' not our presence in these regions," said Stephen Griggs, Deloitte's UK managing partner.
Global accounting and consulting firm Deloitte will close four of its 50 British offices as it reviews its real estate portfolio in the coronavirus
Deloitte said it would shut its offices in Gatwick, Liverpool, Nottingham and Southampton, where about 500 people work.
He said all staff based at the four locations slated for closure would continue to be employed by Deloitte under permanent work-from-home contracts."Any proposed change is to our 'bricks and mortar,' not our presence in these regions", he said.
The Financial Times newspaper first reported on the closures.In April, Deloitte said it would be cutting pay for partners at its British businesses by 20% to protect jobs during the
- Google photos will charge $1.99 per month for 100 GB storage from June 1
- Best smartphones under ₹10,000 in India
- Tamil Nadu government to bear all expenses of COVID patients in private hospitals
- CoWin portal to make 4-digit security code mandatory from May 8