The top 7 movies on Netflix this week, from 'The Platform' to '2012'
- Netflix recently introduced daily top lists of the most popular titles on the service.
- Streaming search engine Reelgood keeps track of the lists and provides Business Insider with a rundown of the week's most popular movies on Netflix.
- This week, it includes Spanish-language thriller "The Platform" and disaster flick "2012."
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Netflix counts a view if an account watches at least two minutes of a movie or TV show. This is how it calculates the daily top 10 lists and the lists are updated each morning to reflect the previous day.
Every week, the streaming search engine Reelgood compiles for Business Insider a list of which movies have been most prominent on the streamer's daily lists over the previous week.
This week, they include Netflix's new Spanish-language thriller "The Platform" and the disaster movie "2012."
And "Spenser Confidential," Netflix's critically reviled original movie starring Mark Wahlberg, retains the top spot.
Below are Netflix's 7 most popular movies of the week in the US:
7. "Lost Girls" (Netflix original)
5. "The Angry Birds Movie 2"
3. "The Platform" (Netflix original)
1. "Spenser Confidential" (Netflix original)
- Tokyo Olympics: Indian wrestler Vinesh Phogat loses in quarterfinals, Anshu Malik ousted in repechage round
- Sri Lanka hospital capacity reaches 'tipping point' as the country records its highest COVID-19 toll in a day
- Flipkart and Tiger Global have a billion dollar notice to respond to in the next 90 days
- Virender Sehwag’s athleisure brand, VS by Sehwag aims at achieving Rs 100 crores in revenue over the next 3 years; here’s Sehwag’s roadmap for FY22
- Tokyo Olympics: India win bronze in men’s hockey, historic moment as Manpreet Singh’s boys beat Germany