HCL Technologies is expanding its Nagpur campus to create 8,000 jobs
- IT major
HCL Technologiesis expanding its operations in Nagpur. It is expected to create over 8,000 jobs.
- The company said that it has signed a pact with
Maharashtra Airport Development Company(MADC).
- Recently, it also started its work-integrated programme ‘Tech Bee’ for highschool pass outs, including freshers.
The company signed a pact with Maharashtra Airport Development Company (MADC). This will help the company expand its MIHAN campus in Nagpur to 90 acres of land. Currently, the campus is spread across 50 acres of land with an employee base of 800 working professionals, PTI said.
The Nagpur campus which started in April 2018, caters to the areas such as application development, product engineering, BPO, and IT services management among others.
The move is expected to benefit local youth in the city. "Our sector has contributed immensely to help India make its mark on the world map...This expansion of the HCL campus in Nagpur will provide many opportunities to local talent and promote growth and development in the city,"
“Nagpur has the potential to become a major investment destination,” he added.
The IT company has been on a hiring spree over the past few months. It also started its work-integrated programme Tech Bee for highschool pass outs, including freshers without an engineering background — targeted to create a deployment-ready talent pool.
The company has hired nearly 500 freshers with a stipend of ₹10,000 per month after it launched its training programme. HCL earlier notified that it is hiring nearly 10,000 freshers in 2019-20. Of this, 3,000 candidates will be hired in Noida — including nearly 1,000 highschool passouts.
Work-integrated programmes train freshers in technical skills including coding, software skills, and R&D.
Highschool passouts will be now groomed for IT jobs
HCL Technologies is hiring 10,000 freshers — including highschool passouts
Only one in five people trained under government's Skill India Mission found jobs
- Two foreigners held for drug peddling
- Bio-secure bubbles – Here's how IPL players will be staying safe during the pandemic
- INTERVIEW: Chennai-based CAMS’ 30-year journey to an IPO
- Amazon pumps in money into MORE to take on the heavyweights Reliance Retail and DMart
- 30 COVID vaccine candidates being developed: Health Ministry