Here comes President Obama's Oval Office address...
AP Photo/Alex Brandon
The speech, Obama's third from the Oval Office and second official Sunday-night primetime address, is expected to focus on the evolving nature of foreign and homegrown terrorist threats.
It comes days after the attack in San Bernardino, California, which left 14 dead and more than 20 others wounded. One of the shooters allegedly pledged her allegiance to the terrorist group ISIS on Facebook as the attack was unfolding.
Obama is also expected to wade into more political territory following a slew of recent high-profile mass shootings, including the San Bernardino attack and the shooting at a Planned Parenthood clinic in Colorado late last month.
In an interview with "Meet The Press" on Sunday, US Attorney General Loretta Lynch said that the president will call on Congress to "review measures and take action." But Lynch's staff later confirmed to NBC that he will ask Congress to review certain gun-control measures.
"What you're going to hear from him is a discussion about what government is doing to ensure all of our highest priority: The protection of the American people," Lynch said.
The speech begins at 8 p.m. EST. Check back here for updates.
- Essential food item prices spiked in the last one year
- SC to hear SEBI's review petition against RIL on Oct 12
- OPINION: Can trust-based philanthropy become the mainstream?
- PM Modi on India’s 5G launch – here are the key points from the speech
- PM Modi inaugurates India Mobile Congress, experiences 5G devices being showcased
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World