How to pair AirPods to your iPhone, MacBook, and other devices
Insider Picks writes about products and services to help you navigate when shopping online. Insider Inc. receives a commission from our affiliate partners when you buy through our links, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
- Apple's AirPods have no wires at all, so you can listen to music without being physically tethered to your devices.
- AirPods can be paired to just about any Bluetooth-enabled device, and that includes Android phones.
- Read on to find out how to pair AirPods to an iPhone, Apple Watch, or non-Apple device.
- You can also check out our guide on how to reset AirPods.
- If you don't have AirPods yet, you can buy a pair of the original ones on Amazon for $147 (originally $159) or a new pair with a wireless charging case for $199.
When the AirPods first made their debut, it took me quite some time to realize that my friends were not, in fact, talking to themselves, but were rather using their handy new wireless headphones to take calls, listen to music, and everything in between.
Apple has sold well over 30 million AirPods thus far, and the product is doubtless one of the company's most popular offerings. As convenient as they are, they're a bit less straightforward to use than traditional earbuds, though only be a slim margin.
Read on to find out how to pair your AirPods to all kinds of devices.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.