I tried Amazon's new smart night light, and it's a cute device for tech-savvy kids
- Amazon's Echo Glow is a smart nightlight for kids that can change color and create cute effects.
- It's one of a whole slew of new devices that Amazon unveiled on September 25, including the Alexa-enabled Echo Buds and Echo Studio.
- Don't let the title confuse you: The Echo Glow isn't an Echo speaker, and Alexa isn't built into it.
- We tested it during the event, and here are our first impressions. You can preorder it now for $29.99.
If you want to introduce your kid to Alexa, but are creeped out by the idea of an Echo speaker in their bedroom you are the target demographic of Amazon's Echo Glow, one of the cheapest devices that the company unveiled at its September 25 launch event in Seattle.
It's a cute smart lamp that can change color and create some simple lighting effects.
Contrary to its name, the $29.99 Echo Glow isn't an Echo speaker. It's actually an Echo accessory, much like the Echo Buttons Amazon released in 2017. That means Alexa isn't built into the Glow; there's no speaker and no microphone. Pair the Glow with an Echo or other smart speaker, and you can use Alexa to control it.
I played around with the Echo Glow for a few minutes - here's what it was like.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Echo Glow is just for fun.
It's cool, but it's no Philips Hue.
The controls take some getting used to.
The Echo Glow is a good introduction to smart home devices.
- 'Quiet quitting' is a bad idea, experts say. Here are 6 things you can do instead to get the same results if you're looking for better work-life balance – or to lighten your workload
- Airtel 5G launched in eight cities, entire country to be covered by 2024
- This pioneering regional OTT has turned profitable in 5 years – here’s how
- Teaser lands 'Adipurush' in trouble over depiction of deities, demon king and bad CGI
- Vivek Murthy is the new US representative on WHO board
- Freshers feel the heat as IT majors put onboarding on indefinite hold
- Musk again offers to buy Twitter for $54.20 a share: Report
- Competition Commission gives conditional approval to Sony-Zee merger deal
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World