Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez dodges Stephen Colbert's question on whether she'll run for president in 2024
- Stephen Colbert asked
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortezif she might run for president in 2024.
- "I don't know about all of that," Ocasio-Cortez responded while laughing.
New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez evaded a question from late-night show host Stephen Colbert, who asked if she would run for president in 2024.
During a segment of Tuesday's episode of "The Late Show with Stephen Colbert," Colbert quizzed Ocasio-Cortez on the possibility of her throwing her hat in the ring.
"You know, I know somebody who is going to turn 35 about a month before the election in 2024, and they represent New York's 14th. Is that job appealing to you at all?" he asked as Ocasio-Cortez pretended to look around for the person he was referring to.
"Listen, I think that we need to focus on keeping a democracy for anybody to be president in the next couple of years. And that's my central focus is helping the people of this country right now," Ocasio-Cortez replied.
"So it's possible," Colbert continued, joking that his questions would "get her in trouble."
"I don't know about all of that," Ocasio-Cortez said while laughing.
During her appearance on Colbert's show, Ocasio-Cortez said that she thought House members who asked Trump for pardons should be expelled from office.
"It was just stunning to understand and see the detail and the depth through which there was a conscientiousness of guilt," Ocasio-Cortez told Colbert.
"They knew that what they were doing was wrong," she added.
While speaking to CNN earlier this month, the congresswoman declined to say if she would support President Joe Biden for re-election in 2024.
"I'm focused on winning this (House) majority right now and preserving a majority this year and 2022, so we'll cross that bridge when we get to it," Ocasio-Cortez told the outlet. "But I think if the president has a vision, that's something, certainly, we're all willing to entertain and examine when the time comes."
- Govt approves PLI scheme for making drones with outlay of Rs 120 cr, comes out with norms
- Apple transportation through drones to become reality in tribal Kinnaur district of HP
- Researchers develop device that uses sound waves to separate blood-based nanoparticles
- 5 Bihar villages to be developed into human-carnivore coexistence zone
- Delhi's air quality will likely improve from Sunday evening, says IMD
- Dharmaj Crop IPO
- Reliance Jio
- Digital Nomad Visa
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Maruti Suzuki
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World