Binance is in talks with several sovereign wealth funds about taking a stake in the crypto exchange, report says
Binancechief executive " CZ" told the FT on Tuesday the company is in talks with several sovereign wealth funds.
- The company is seeking investments but is wary of tying itself to specific countries, the CEO said.
- He did not say which funds were involved but said the "ticket size" would not be small.
View all Offers
- 64% OFF
Amazon Brand - Solimo Swerve Plastic Height Adjustable Laptop & Utility Table with Cup Holder (Red)₹ 1169₹ 2200Buy On
SleepX Dual Comfort 6-inch Medium Soft & Hard Queen Size Mattress (Orange, 75x60x6, High Resilience Foam)₹ 7839₹ 14756Buy On
SleepX Dual Comfort Mattress 5 inch Queen Bed Size, High Density (HD) Foam- Medium Soft & Hard (Orange, 72x60x5)₹ 7329₹ 12499Buy On
- 31% OFF
Nilkamal Freedom Mini Medium Plastic Cabinet Brown , 2 Doors₹ 4699₹ 6500Buy On
MBTC Alaska Mesh Office Revolving Desk Chair₹ 3189₹ 4999Buy On
CZ said he believed this step could improve its "perception and relationships" with various governments and regulators, the FT said.
He did not disclose which funds the company has been talking to, but he did say "the ticket size involved will not be small . . . it won't be a short process," according to the FT.
Binance was not immediately available to comment when contacted by Insider.
CZ, who founded the company, is still the largest stakeholder. Investment from government-owned funds might mean Binance was subject to foreign influence, something the chief executive was a source of concern.
"But it may also tie us to specific countries . . . which we want to be slightly careful with," he said.
However, this wouldn't be the company's first brush with a sovereign wealth fund. The FT noted that Binance's Singapore arm is backed by Vertex Ventures, the venture capital arm of Singapore's sovereign wealth fund, Temasek.
The FT also quoted CZ as saying at the Bloomberg New Economy Forum last week that Binance was recording daily transaction volumes of $170 billion, compared with $10 billion to $30 billion two years ago and that the revenue run rate was "in the billions".
- Amazon Great Republic Day Sale — Best deals and offers on Apple iPhones, iPads, and more
- ‘Extreme fear’ is ruling the crypto markets — is this an opportunity or a warning sign for investors?
- El Salvador's president hits back on Twitter after rating agency Moody's issues warning over its bitcoin buying
- Best deals on hair straighteners, trimmers and other grooming products on Amazon
- Amazon Republic Day Sale 2022 — Best deals and offers on Echo smart speakers, Fire TV Sticks and more
- Two IndiGo planes avert mid-air collision over Bengaluru airport, DGCA to take strict action
- India's tennis star Sania Mirza announces retirement from the sport by the end of 2022 season
- EaseMyTrip launches a new campaign featuring Vijay Raaz and Varun Sharma to promote its full-refund medical policy