Louis C.K.'s unreleased new movie is leaked onto torrent sites
- Louis C.K.'s movie "I Love You, Daddy" has hit torrent sites.
- This is following the movie's distributor being in final talks to sell the movie back to the comic.
- The movie was never released after sexual misconduct allegations against C.K. were reported by The New York Times. C.K. later said the allegations were true.
Following the sexual misconduct allegations against Louis C.K. from five women in November, the theatrical release of the comic's new movie "I Love You, Daddy" was quickly scrapped by its distributor The Orchard. However, the company had mailed out thousands of award-season screeners to voters before the allegations came out, and that has led to the movie finding a new life on the internet.
On Friday, notorious piracy group "Hive-CM8" released the movie on various torrent sites, according to The Verge.
There's certainly an interest in the movie. "I Love You, Daddy" screeners have been showing up on eBay since November (one was even priced at $1,075). Hive-CM8 - best known for leaking 40 screeners online in 2015, including "The Revenant" and "The Hateful Eight" - said in a message posted with the release of the movie that it chose "I Love You, Daddy" because "it never made it to the cinema, and nobody knows if it ever will go to retail at all."
In December, the trades reported that The Orchard was nearing a deal to sell the movie back to Louis C.K. The distributor bought the worldwide rights for the movie following its world premiere at this year's Toronto International Film Festival for $5 million.
Most believe C.K. would one day release the movie through his website, as he's done in the past with his standup specials. However, C.K. - who confirmed the allegations against him reported by The New York Times - has left the public eye, so it's unknown what he'll do with the movie.
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- Elon Musk told his 76-year-old dad Errol to 'keep quiet' in a text message after he said he wasn't proud of his son, report says
- JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon told wealthy clients there's a chance the US is heading into 'something worse' than a recession, report says
- Nepotism and termite-like corruption dented India : Modi
- Modi lists five pledges to turn India into a developed country in 25 years
- There will be a major shift in the way Indians shop and consume brands
- Modi remembers Nehru and Sarvarkar in his speech today
- Made-in-India gun used for 1st time for ceremonial salute at Red Fort on Independence Day