Markets Are Surging
France's CAC 40 is up 1.58%
Spain's IBEX is up 1.82%
Italy's FTSE MIB is up 1.71%
Britain's FTSE 100 is up 0.73%
Germany's DAX is up 1.23%
In Asia, Japan's Nikkei closed down 1.40%. It's now down 9.48% since the start of the year, one of the worst-performing indices in the advanced economies during 2014 so far.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng closed up 0.60%.
US stock futures are climbing, with the S&P up 10.5 points and the Dow up 85 points.
In Europe, construction output figures will be released at 5 a.m. ET.
It's a fairly light day for data from the US, but Federal Reserve chair Janet Yellen will be speaking at 8:30 a.m. ET. Markets will be looking for any comment on the current volatility, or on the end of QE. US housing starts figures are also out at 8:30 a.m, with analysts expecting over a million units.
- DBS Bank’s custom financing leads the way for companies trying to reach net-zero goals
- Republic Day 2022 – Here is a list of wishes and messages you can send to your fellow citizens
- The world's 5 richest tech tycoons — including Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, and Bill Gates — have already lost about $85 billion this year amid a brutal market sell-off
- Best gaming mice for esports players
- Best mid-range laptops with 15-inch Full HD display
- Best budget laptops for video editing
- Best budget keyboards you can buy in India
- Best 14-inch laptops in India