McDonald's New Mighty Wings Should Terrify The Competition
The menu item, which launches nationally September 9, did exceptionally well when the company tested it in Atlanta, according to Brandau.
But McDonald's Mighty Wings are a "whole different galaxy" than the competition's new items, Hume said.
"Anyone can do nuggets or tenders and almost all burger chains do, but Mighty Wings are different because they're bone-in chicken," Hume told us. "They're also tougher to source in large numbers but McDonald's has the clout to do it."
The McWings also mean that McDonald's is threatening chicken-heavy fast food companies like Popeye's, Chick-Fil-A, and KFC, Hume told us.
While other fast food companies can't compete with McWings, the item isn't expected to threaten traditional wings chains like Buffalo Wild Wings.
Buffalo Wild Wings customers won't be lured by McWings because they want to watch sports and drink beer, Morgan Stanley analysts said in a note.
- MrBeast called out TikTok for allowing a deepfake version of him hawking $2 iPhones to run wild on the app: 'This is a serious problem'
- How an OnlyFans creator earned $60,000 from a 'marathon' livestream
- TikTok's strategy for US dominance is straight out of Amazon's playbook — but creators are the fuel for its flywheel
- Troubles and ethics behind the 'cute' trend of growing Kidfluencers
- Meet the Indian teens who raised funds from Sam Altman for their AI startup
- India's Henry Sugar? Jaipur man showers cash from car
- Don't ask us to help with World Cup tickets say Virat and Anushka
- Tata Motors to offload 20% stake in the upcoming Tata Technologies IPO