Microsoft Will Still Be Fine Even If Windows PCs Keep Tanking, Says Apple Blogger
But even if Microsoft's fortunes really tank, the OS will still have enough gravity to remain an attractive platform for developers,
Despite the tepid uptake for Windows 8, Windows still dominates the traditional PC market with more than 91 percent share, according to NetMarketShare's latest figures for May.
Still, even if Windows drops to 20 percent market share, developers will still write plenty of Windows apps.
That's because, despite a declining share, when factoring in tablets and smartphones, the market is still wildly growing. It will hit 4 billion users in the next five years, with each user owning 1.5 devices, Dediu predicts.
Twenty percent of that is one billion devices, "making such an ecosystem 'good enough' for the average
- Scientists have finally figured out what happened to the lost continent ‘Argoland’ that went missing 155 million years ago
- Revamp your health in 2024: 10 Essential food habits for a better life
- Consistent inflows push small-cap funds AUM past Rs 2 lakh cr mark in Nov
- Ola Electric aims to raise nearly Rs 5,800 cr via IPO, to file DRHP
- Inox India IPO set to open on December 14, price band fixed at ₹627 to ₹660 per share