Nashville Predators goalie makes incredible diving save from outside the net after puck takes wild bounce
Nahsville Predators goalie Pekka Rinne made one of the best saves of the NHL playoffs on Monday to prevent a wild goal against the Chicago Blackhawks.
During the first period, the Predators had the puck in the Blackhawks' zone on a power play. Blackhawks defenseman Johnny Odyua cleared the puck, smacking it down the ice and against the boards.
However, as the puck hit the boards, it took a wild bounce and was redirected right toward the Predators' net. Rinne was outside of the net, anticipating collecting the puck from behind the net, and had to dive back, reaching his stick in front of the net to prevent the goal.
The replay and slo-mo from the announcers shows just how close the Predators came to giving up a wacky goal.
The Predators eventually won the game 3-2 to move to 3-0 in the series. Rinne's save helped the Predators take a commanding lead.
- A 'hole' 30 times Earth's size has spread across the sun, blasting solar winds that'll hit our planet by end of this week
- Durjoy Datta tweets about Paytm UPI LITE making payments faster and easier, fellow author Ravinder Singh responds
- A former Twitter engineer said they watched colleagues 'drop like flies' from a virtual meeting during Elon Musk's mass layoffs
- Best water purifiers to buy in India 2023
- Desk-bombing, monk mode & other emerging trends at the workplace
- Crypto exchange Binance temporarily suspends all spot trading
- Samsung unveils Galaxy F14 5G with 6000 mAh battery in India
- Haircut on cases resolved through IBC not very encouraging, says Kotak report