Netflix has renewed 'The Haunting of Hill House' for season 2 with new characters
- Netflix announced on Thursday that it had renewed its hit horror series from last year, "The Haunting of Hill House," for a second season with a new story and new characters.
- Series director Mike Flanagan signed a multiyear TV deal with Netflix.
Horror fans should prepare to return to Hill House - sort of.
Netflix announced on Thursday that it had renewed its hit horror series, "The Haunting of Hill House," for a second season focused on a new story and new characters.
Netflix also announced that series director Mike Flanagan, along with his production partner Trevor Macy, had signed a multiyear TV deal with the streaming giant.
The first season of "The Haunting of Hill House" told the story of the Crain family, and how their childhood home haunts them for decades. Flanagan, who also directed Netflix's "Gerald's Game" and the upcoming "Shining" sequel, "Doctor Sleep," hinted in October that "The Haunting of Hill House" could be an anthology series if it returned for a second season.
"As far as I've ever been concerned with this, the story of the Crain family is told," Flanagan told Entertainment Weekly. "It's done. I think that there are all sorts of different directions we could go in, with the house or with something completely different. I love the idea of an anthology as well."
He added, "I felt like the Crains have been through enough, and we left them exactly as we all wanted to remember them, those of us who worked on it. We toyed with a cliffhanger ending and we toyed with other ideas, but ultimately, in the writers' room and with the cast and everything else, we really felt like the story demanded a certain kind of closure from us and we were happy to close the book on that family."
Read more of Business Insider's coverage of Netflix's 'The Haunting of Hill House':
- Netflix's 'The Haunting of Hill House' actor pointed out a disturbing clue about the fate of the show's characters
- Netflix's 'The Haunting of Hill House' director explains how he kept the show's biggest mystery hidden
- 'The Haunting of Hill House' director changed the show's original ending because it would have been too cruel
- The cast of 'The Haunting of Hill House' couldn't sleep and felt 'crazed' during filming
- How 'The Haunting of Hill House' pulled off its best episode, which included '18-page scenes without any cuts'
- 'The Haunting of Hill House' director is making a sequel to Stephen King's 'The Shining'
- Stephen King loves 'The Haunting of Hill House' and called it 'close to a work of genius'
- WhatsApp is working on a ‘login approval’ feature to help prevent hacking – here’s everything you need to know
- Tata Motors acquires Ford’s manufacturing plant in Gujarat for ₹726 crore
- Ronnie Screwvala's edtech company upGrad bags ₹1,670 crore
- Tiruchi's farmers stare at heavy losses as 750 acres of farm land is flooded
- LG unveils wireless earbuds with unique head-tracking spatial audio