North Korea Hates Seth Rogen's New Movie
Kevin Winters / Getty Images
The well-known pals have been condemned by the regime for their upcoming movie "The Interview" which pokes fun at the Dear Leader.
"There is a special irony in this storyline as it shows the desperation of the U.S. government and American society," a spokesman for Kim Jong Un told The Guardian. "A film about the assassination of a foreign leader mirrors what the US has done in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria and Ukraine. And let us not forget who killed [President John F] Kennedy - Americans."
The regime is understandably upset, as the movie sees Rogen and Franco playing celebrity journalists who are recruited by the U.S. government to assassinate Korean dictator Kim Jong Un.
The pair is also briefed on the propaganda coming from the regime, which includes the claim that Kim Jong-Un never defecates or urinates, and he can speak to dolphins.
It's not hard to imagine that the Hermit Kingdom might not find the idea of assassinating their leader funny, but an official response to an American comedy might be sillier than the movie.
The movie hits theaters in October. In the meantime, you can watch the teaser trailer below:
- Essential food item prices spiked in the last one year
- SC to hear SEBI's review petition against RIL on Oct 12
- OPINION: Can trust-based philanthropy become the mainstream?
- PM Modi on India’s 5G launch – here are the key points from the speech
- PM Modi inaugurates India Mobile Congress, experiences 5G devices being showcased
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World