Maharashtra Home Minister Anil Deshmukh resigns, says NCP minister Nawab Malik
The development came shortly after the Bombay High Court directed the CBI to conduct a preliminary inquiry within 15 days into allegations of corruption and misconduct levelled by former Mumbai police chief Param Bir Singh against him.
"Deshmukh informed NCP chief Sharad Pawar that it won't be appropriate to remain in the post as CBI will be probing the charges against him," senior party minister
Deshmukh submitted his resignation letter to Thackeray, Malik said.
State BJP chief Chandrakant Patil said he is happy that Deshmukh has quit, adding there will be many "shocking revelations" in the CBI probe.
Pepperfry co-founder gets candid about its IPO plans, says profitability is right around the corner
LG Electronics exits the smartphone business – here’s how its mobile fortunes swayed over the last two decades
Record breaking quarter for Indian IT services is a given — all eyes are now on guidance
- Mukesh Ambani's Reliance Industries buys Britain's iconic country club Stoke Park for ₹592 crore
- Instagram is bringing ads to Reels in India; here are a few formats it is planning to add
- Simplified: AIIMS, ICMR new guidelines for treatment of patients with ‘moderate’ case of COVID-19
- Here’s the clinical guidance one needs to follow for a 'severe' COVID-19 patient as per AIIMS/ICMR
- What you can do if you have 'mild' COVID-19 symptoms, according to new AIIMS/ICMR guidelines