Defense Intelligence Agency employee arrested for allegedly leaking highly classified reports to media
- Henry Kyle Frese, a Defense Intelligence Agency employee, has been charged with leaking top secret information to two reporters, according to a federal indictment that was unsealed on Wednesday.
- Frese "was caught red-handed disclosing sensitive national security information for personal gain," the Justice Department said in a statement.
- According to the government, Frese had a romantic relationship with at least one of the reporters.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
A Defense Intelligence Agency employee identified as Henry Kyle Frese, 30, has been arrested for leaking multiple highly classified reports to the media, according to an indictment that was unsealed in a Virginia federal court on Wednesday.The documents Frese allegedly leaked to two journalists pertained to top secret information on a foreign country's weapon systems, the Washington Post reported. Advertisement
According to the unsealed indictment, Frese was romantically involved with one of the reporters.
Frese "was caught red-handed disclosing sensitive national security information for personal gain," the Justice Department said in a statement."The unauthorized disclosure of TOP SECRET information could reasonably be expected to cause exceptionally grave harm to the national security of the United States," the statement added.
This article will continue to be updated.
- Apple Arcade adds puzzle adventure game 'Creaks'
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, daughter Aaradhya test positive for Coronavirus
- People testing negative for COVID-19 but showing symptoms should be treated: Experts
- Partial lockdown in Srinagar to combat COVID-19; over 60 containment zones designated
- Life insurance sector witnesses 18.6 pc drop in first-year premium: CARE Ratings