Melania Trump sleeps in her own room on a separate floor away from the president, according to a new book
- First lady Melania Trump occupies a separate bedroom that is on an entirely different floor from President Donald Trump, according to a new book.
- CNN correspondent Kate Bennett confirmed long-standing rumors that the first lady occupies entirely different sleeping and living quarters within the White House residence from her husband.
- Bennett reports that the first lady has a two-bedroom space with a "glam room," for daily hair and makeup, and a private gym with a Pilates machine.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
First lady Melania Trump's living situation has been a point of curiosity since she made the unheard-of decision to not move into the White House immediately after President Donald Trump's inauguration.The first lady stayed behind in the family's New York City penthouse with the couple's teenage son Barron while he finished the school year.Advertisement
A new book by CNN correspondent Kate Bennett confirms long-standing rumors that the first lady doesn't only have her own room, but occupies an entirely separate floor of the White House from her husband.
Alongside her bedroom is a "glam room," for Trump to do her daily hair and makeup, and a private gym with a Pilates machine.Bennett notes that this makes the Trumps the first couple since the Kennedys and the Johnsons to have separate bedrooms in the residence.
Though the White House has pushed back on previous reports that the first couple don't share a bedroom, some accounts of Melania's preference to maintain her own space go back as far as 2006, when a former Playboy model who says she had an affair with Donald said he took her to Trump Tower and showed her his wife Melania's separate bedroom.Though reports published since the account have cast the arrangement as a sign of marital troubles, Trump reportedly said at the time that she "liked her space to read or be alone."The book, "Free, Melania: The Unauthorized Biography," will be released on Tuesday.Advertisement
NOW WATCH: Why Coca-Cola invented Fanta in Nazi Germany
- Zomato announces 10 days of menstrual leave for all women employees – including transgender people
- Mukesh Ambani is now the world’s fourth-richest person after he beat Louis Vuitton owner Bernard Arnault
- If you have a high risk tolerance — here are a few ‘aggressive’ investment bets to consider
- Karnataka is building a cycling map for Bengaluru by crowdsourcing inputs from city's cyclists
- Indian Medical Association says nearly 200 doctors have lost their lives to COVID-19