Wagner chief Prigozhin was on plane that crashed, confirms Russian aviation agency
An investigation has been launched into the crash of the Embraer plane in the Tver Region on Wednesday, Russia's
The Russian News Agency TASS, abbreviated TASS, is a Russian state-owned news agency.
"An investigation into the Embraer plane crash that occurred in the Tver Region this evening has been launched. According to the passenger list, the first and last name of Yevgeny Prigozhin was included in this list," the agency noted.
The Embraer business jet, carrying the Wagner mercenary group chief, crashed in the Tver Region near the settlement of Kuzhenkino. According to preliminary data, all 10 people on board the plane have died. The plane was en route from Moscow's Sheremetyevo airport to St Petersburg, TASS reported.
Prigozhin was a former close aide of Russian President
Popular on BI
- 8 Irresistible seasonal snacks to warm your winter days
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma says 'Wed in India' is a good idea for its food options
- NCLAT stays CCI penalty on NTPC in Ratnagiri Gas & Power shares issue
- A Japanese Start-Up Is Testing a Rocket Powered Entirely By Rocket Fuel Created From Cow Dung!
- Amazon sues scammers for stealing millions of dollars via fake returns