Former Overstock.com CEO says he's funding 'a team of hackers and cybersleuths' in an attempt to prove that Trump won the presidential election
Overstock.comCEO Patrick Byrnesaid he's financing "a team of hackers and cybersleuths" in an attempt to uncover evidence of voter fraud, according to The Daily Beast.
- Byrne, who stepped down from his position at Overstock last year, has described the 2020 presidential election as "rigged" against President
Donald Trump, but has yet to offer any concrete evidence of voter fraud.
- In recent days, Byrne has gone on a media tour of sorts, visiting right-leaning outlets such as the One America News Network (OAN) and Newsmax.
Former Overstock.com CEO Patrick Byrne said that he's financing "a team of hackers and cybersleuths" in an attempt to prove that President Donald Trump won the 2020 presidential election, according to The Daily Beast.
Byrne, who stepped down from his position at Overstock last year after admitting to a relationship with a Russian spy, recently went on the One America News Network (OAN), a conservative news outlet and a favored media destination of Trump, to detail what he described as a "rigged" election process.Dominion Voting Systems, a company that provided election voting software in several key presidential battlegrounds, has been a target for right-wing grievances about the presidential election. For weeks, the company has sought to fend off debunked and outlandish allegations that the company facilitated voting irregularities.
"I've funded a team of hackers and cybersleuths and other people with odd skills" to uncover fraud, he said in the interview.Despite the Trump campaign's numerous attempts to prove otherwise in court, there have been no verifiable instances of mass voter fraud in the 2020 presidential election.
Byrne remains undaunted by President-elect
In 2019, he released a statement stating that "Men in Black" federal officials asked him to engage in a relationship with Russian agent Maria Butina, an individual who tried to infiltrate conservative political groups.
- A woman in Rajasthan has tested COVID-19 positive 31 times in the last five months
- Here’s how Indians are buying Tesla, Facebook, and Apple shares through brokerage startups
- Radio ad revenue for July-Sept quarter in 2020 was Rs 198.53 crore: TRAI
- YouTube starts rolling out hashtag landing pages— here’s how you can use it
- Do not panic when Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman reads out the revised estimates