Pelosi's office slammed Stephanie Grisham's claim she had a meltdown at a White House meeting with Trump as 'desperate trash'
- Pelosi's office dismissed claims in Stephanie Grisham's book about a 2019 meeting with Trump.
- Grisham said Pelosi shouted at Trump, accused him of bugging her phone, and bullied a staffer.
- Pelosi's spokesman said the claims were "completely made up" and "desperate trash."
A spokesman for House Speaker
Grisham, who was a White House press secretary under Trump, described an October 2019 meeting about Syria that included Pelosi, Trump and then-Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer in her book, "I'll Take Your Questions Now."
Drew Hammill told The Hill that version of events "never happened."
"Completely made up," Hamill said, calling the claims "desperate trash."
According to the book, Grisham said Pelosi stood up during the meeting and pointed at Trump, saying: "All roads with you lead to Russia. You gave Russia Ukraine and Syria," The Hill reported.
She said Trump told Pelosi in return: "You're just a third-rate politician!" Pelosi and Schumer then left the meeting, the book said, per The Hill.
Grisham said that a young, female staffer struggled to quickly find the phones that Pelosi and Schumer had to give up at the start of the meeting for security reasons.
"Pelosi went ballistic in my opinion," Grisham wrote, according to The Hill.
She said Pelosi then shouted: "We can't even trust you people with our phones! I never should have given you guys my phone! I know you bugged it!"
She said Pelosi called the staff member incompetent, and that Pelosi "raged" about not having an umbrella "so she could go out to the microphones in the rain and berate the president in front of the cameras," The Hill reported.
Grisham accused Pelosi of "screaming at a young girl" and of "bullying," The Hill reported.
Trump had tweeted a photo of Pelosi after that meeting, accusing her of having an "unhinged meltdown."
Pelosi also told reporters at the time that Trump had a "meltdown" during that meeting.
Trump has also criticized Grisham for writing the book, and said she was "very angry and bitter" after a breakup
"She had big problems and we felt that she should work out those problems for herself," he said. "Now, like everyone else, she gets paid by a radical left-leaning publisher to say bad and untrue things."
- Best laptops with 11th Gen Intel i5 processors
- Best laptops with 11th Gen Intel i7 processors
- Best gaming laptops with 11th Gen Intel processors
- Best FreeSync monitors for a smooth gaming experience
- Best condenser microphones to record podcasts, songs and more