The federal sex trafficking probe into Rep. Matt Gaetz is looking at trips he took to the Bahamas, CBS News says
- A new report from CBS News claims that federal investigators are looking into trips that Rep.
Matt Gaetztook to the Bahamas.
- Gaetz is under investigation for violating federal sex trafficking laws.
- Investigators are allegedly looking at whether Gaetz trafficked escorts across international lines.
The Justice Department investigation into whether Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz broke federal sex trafficking laws is reportedly zeroing in on a series of trips Gaetz took to the Bahamas in 2018 and 2019 with a marijuana entrepreneur, according to CBS News.
Sources who spoke with CBS News said that Gaetz was joined by weed businessman and hand surgeon Jason Pirozzolo on his trips to the Bahamas, and that Pirozzolo paid for flights, hotels, and female escorts.Investigators are reportedly looking at whether women were trafficked across state and international lines during those trips with Gaetz.
Insider reached out to Gaetz's office for comment.This story is developing. Check back for updates.
- By air, rail and road – how oxygen is being transported across India amidst a severe COVID-19 crisis
- Voice search queries in India are growing at 270% per year: MMA and Isobar Report
- Mukesh Ambani's Reliance Industries buys Britain's iconic country club Stoke Park for ₹592 crore
- Instagram is bringing ads to Reels in India; here are a few formats it is planning to add
- Simplified: AIIMS, ICMR new guidelines for treatment of patients with ‘moderate’ case of COVID-19