The January 6 committee are seeking phone, email, and text records from 'several hundred people' for Capitol riot probe, including members of Congress
January 6 commissionis seeking any electronic communications from individuals involved in the Capitol riot.
Bennie Thompsonsaid Monday that the committee plans on obtaining phone, email, and text records.
- The "exhaustive list" of individuals does include some members of Congress, but Thompson declined to clarify who.
The January 6 select committee is seeking electronic communication records from "several hundred people," including from members of Congress, in connection with their Capitol riot probe.
Rep. Bennie Thompson, who serves as chairman of the House Select Committee investigating the January 6 insurrection, told reporters Monday that the committee plans on obtaining phone, email, and text records.
Thompson said the committee will initially reach out to telecommunication companies, saying that issuing subpoenas "is not the first thing we have to do."
"It won't be tomorrow," Thompson told reporters outside the House Democratic Caucus meeting. "We'll do what's required to get the information. As to the time when we'll do it and other things, we're not sure at this point."
Thompson did not clarify which members of Congress will be included in the probe, adding that they have not yet interviewed any members in connection to the investigation nor sent out any information or letters to lawmakers.
"We have quite an exhaustive list of people," Thompson told reporters. "I won't tell you who they are, but it's several hundred people that make up the list of individuals we plan to contact."
This story is breaking. Check back for more details.
- I'm a 56-year-old IT worker who got laid off last year and have been unemployed ever since. I have a hunch I'm not finding work due to ageism. How do I prove it?
- Germany relaxes Schengen visa rules for Indians
- Kanye West says he's selling Balenciaga, Adidas, and Gap hoodies for $20 after the companies all cut ties with him
- WhatsApp rolls out contact cards sharing on Windows beta
- FIFA WC: Lionel Messi doing well, says Argentina manager Scaloni amid injury concerns
- ADB, Wabag sign USD 25 mn debt facility for sanitation, water security in India
- RBI pauses onboarding of online merchants by Paytm Payments Services; firm says no material impact on biz
- Over 50% of microbusinesses had no mechanisms to cushion Covid impact, Road to Recovery report says
- Tata Aviation
- Visa Platinum Prepaid Card
- Interest Rate on Deposits
- Uniparts IPO
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- tata Consumer
- Asus new Desktop
- Sandhya Devanathans
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Small Cap Companies
- India Pharma
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World