RBI takes steps to encourage individuals buy homes
In its annual report, the RBI has said, "Genuine home buyers moved away from the houses market due to higher prices and investors stayed away due to the weakening state of economy"
The observation made in the RBI Annual Report comes within a week of governor
The report says, "As the economic growth has started to take off, the overall buyer sentiment is expected to rise. Presumably, developers are counting on this to happen and hence holding the prices."
At SBI banking and Economic Conclave, Rajan said "I do believe that if
Rajan comments were made in response a suggestion made by
The report said that demand for residential properties has slowed down in recent times and unsold stock of residential homes has increased considerably at the same time.
(Image credits: Indiatimes)
Popular on BI
- Explained: TCS on your child's overseas education and mitigating strategies
- From Pixel 8 to Galaxy S23 FE – smartphones launching in October 2023
- World Cup 2023 final squads – Ind, Aus, Eng and all the other teams
- Eating your way to clear vision: 10 foods for healthy eyes
- 10 cafes in Bangalore offering the best of ambiance and cuisine