McDonald's is expanding the test of its McPlant Beyond Meat burger to two more cities — see where you can get it
McDonald'sis expanding the McPlant to about 600 more US restaurants.
- The chain has tested the McPlant in several European markets.
McDonald's is expanding McPlant tests to more US restaurants in the San Francisco and Dallas-Fort Worth areas.
Beginning February 14, customers can try the McPlant at approximately 600 different restaurants in the two locations, as supplies last.
McDonald's first brought the McPlant burger to the US in November 2021 with a small test run in eight restaurants. The chain is further expanding the test to "help us understand customer demand," McDonald's said in a statement.
The McPlant, developed with
McDonald's has been working on the McPlant for a while before the US introduction. It rolled out in test runs in Denmark, Sweden, Austria, the Netherlands, and the UK. The McPlant line of plant-based meats including burgers, chicken substitutes, and other items, was introduced nearly a year ago in November 2020. McDonald's President of International Business Ian Borden called it a "proven, delicious-tasting product."
McDonald's has tested other
McDonald's discontinued the Canadian test with no plans to continue, leading to a 10% dip in Beyond stock price. Beyond has since announced multi-year deals with both McDonald's and Taco Bell parent company Yum Brands.
The McPlant name indicates that McDonald's sees a future in the product, as Kate Taylor reported for Insider. According to internal marketing guidelines, McDonald's only adds the "Mc" prefix to words that "enhance the value and uniqueness of our brand."
Other fast-food chains have had plant-based menu items for some time now. KFC just released Beyond Fried Chicken nuggets, and
McDonald's declined to share plans to expand the McPlant nationwide. "We can't share that secret sauce just yet," the chain said in a statement.
Do you have a story to share about a
- 71% of consumers are concerned about online fraud. Here is how Paytm Payment Gateway’s security features are helping businesses build trust.
- Yasin Malik sentenced to life in terror funding case
- Apple could be looking to increase production in India but its geopolitical tension with China might hinder the process, says analyst
- To help fight water scarcity, a machine that produces drinking water from air has been launched in India
- Voltas records an unprecedented triple-digit growth in April '22
- Delhivery IPO allotment
- Reliance Retail
- Bitcoin Mining
- Reliance JIO
- Best Deal on Smartphones
- Unacademy offline Classes
- Hubble Space
- 5G Phones Under Rs. 20000
- Paytm Market Value
- Reliance Industries
- Ambassador Electric Cars
- Hiring in BEL
- Adani Green
- Paradeep Phosphates balance sheet
- Spam Calls in India
- Whatsapp Reaction