Right Now, The Global Economy Is Looking Surprisingly Strong
Sam Ro has been cataloging the numbers here. And so far: things are looking pretty good!
The Asian economies really seem to be cranking, a fact corroborated by a very strong trade report, which is seen as a global bellweather.
There's still European data to come (which will come out Monday) and of course we have to wait for the US numbers, which might be impacted severely by the government shutdown (or it might not be if yesterday's strong Chicago manufacturing report is significant).
But anyway, so far so good.
- Jewellery brands deck up in hope of bumper festive sales ahead
- Xiaomi is worried that investigations in India might affect it cash flows, operating results
- Delhi and Kolkata are the two most polluted cities in the world: Report
- There is a yawning gap between the confidence of consumers and businesses
- TikTok’s in-app browser on iOS includes code that can monitor your keystrokes and taps