A reporter was loudly booed by MMA fans at a UFC event after asking Conor McGregor about the sexual assault allegations made against him
- Conor McGregor told the media and approximately 2,500 fans at the Pearl Theater in the Palms casino, Las Vegas, that he has "done nothing wrong" in regards to sexual assault allegations.
- The New York Times reported last year that McGregor was facing two separate sexual assault allegations which the Irish police, called the Gardai, have been investigating. His publicist denied the allegations.
- The Irishman addressed the allegations at a press at a conference on Wednesday, three days before his UFC 246 main event bout against Donald Cerrone.
- However, when a reporter asked about the status of the police investigations in Ireland, they were booed by MMA fans so loudly hardly anyone at the venue could actually hear the question.
- Cerrone didn't give McGregor time to answer as he told the media "we're here to talk about the fight."
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
LAS VEGAS - A reporter asked Conor McGregor about sexual assault allegations at a UFC event, but MMA fans booed him so loudly only a few people at the venue could actually hear the question.
It happened at the 2,500 capacity Pearl Theater inside the Palms Resort Casino near the Las Vegas strip in Paradise, Nevada, three days before the Irishman headlines the UFC 246 show at the T-Mobile Arena in a non-title welterweight bout against Donald Cerrone.
One of the first questions at the conference, which Business Insider attended, was about McGregor's legal issues. In the last two years he has been seen on video throwing a metal trolley at a UFC bus carrying athletes, grabbing a fan's phone before stomping on it and walking away with it in Miami, and throwing a punch at an older man in a Dublin pub. He issued a grovelling apology on ESPN last year over the punch incident.
The New York Times also reported that McGregor was facing two separate sexual assault allegations which the Irish police, called the Gardai, have been investigating. His publicist denied the allegations last year.
The fighter broke his silence earlier this week, telling ESPN that "time will tell all."
On Wednesday, he said: "Guys, I have done nothing wrong here."
But it was not the only time he was asked about the allegations during Wednesday's event.
As another reporter attempted to ask a question about the allegations, he was booed so loudly hardly anyone inside the theater could hear it.
The reporter wanted to know about the status of the Gardai's investigations, but Cerrone didn't give his opponent, McGregor, time to answer. "We're here to talk about a fight, nothing he does outside a fight," he said. "Why you gotta keep going there?"
The fans were not the only ones to turn on the media
Cerrone also blasted members of the press, albeit with a wry smile on his face, saying: "I don't give a f--- about the media."
Because conduct between McGregor and Cerrone had been cordial, the UFC veteran said the media may be unhappy because "you guys ain't getting the clickbait and all the s--- you want."
Talking about McGregor, he then said: "As a man, my hat's off to this son of a b----."
Cerrone even said that analysts who said Cerrone's best chances of success were by utilizing his jiu jitsu base rather than engaging McGregor in a striking fight needed to "get a f------ real life."
He said: "For all you analysts and experts who are asking the questions you'd be f------ stupid to think this man doesn't have jiu jitsu defense or wrestling defense.
"So for me to just walk in, [thinking], 'I'm going to take him down and submit him,' get a f------ real life man.
"We're going to go in there and fight our asses off. That's what's going to happen."