Projected No. 1 pick in the 2020 NBA Draft and preseason All-American James Wiseman has been ruled ineligible
Joe Murphy/Getty Images
- James Wiseman - the top college basketball recruit in the country and preseason first-team All-American - has been ruled ineligible by the NCAA, per ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.
- The Ringer's NBA analyst Kevin O'Connor reports that Memphis Tigers head coach Penny Hardaway helped the program issue payments to Wiseman and his family so they could move to Memphis in 2018.
- Wiseman is the projected No. 1 pick in the 2020 NBA Draft, but Friday evening's announcement could shake up the draft order considerably prior to next June.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
- Assam reports 365 new COVID-19 cases; total mounts to 9,799
- Eight deaths, 1,892 new COVID-19 cases in Telangana
- Letter to Prez over DU not holding ECA trials in view of COVID-19
- Pvt labs starting TrueNat/CBNAAT based tests for COVID be encouraged for NABL seal: ICMR to states
- 2,520 fresh COVID cases in Delhi take tally to over 94K; death toll rises to 2,923