Trek unveils world's lightest production road bike a day before the Tour de France
Waterloo, Wisconsin-based company says it is the lightest bike it has ever made and the lightest production road bike in the world. The 56cm Émonda SLR 9 frame weighs 640 grams (1.41 pounds). Trek said the bike, with the build above but in size 56cm, weighs just 13.4 pounds (without pedals). The bike will retail in the US for $11,000.
AdvertisementIt is the same bike that two-time Tour winner Alberto Contador and his Trek-Segafredo teammates will ride over the next three weeks in the sport's biggest race. Because the bike is so light, the team will need to add weight to meet the minimum weight of 6.8 kilos (14.99 pounds) set by the UCI, the governing body of world cycling.
Business Insider got a peek at the ultralight offering, and you can see photos below.
- TV ad volumes see a 3% drop during Jan-March 21 over previous quarter: TAM AdEx
- OPPO launches A54 smartphone in three variants in India starting at ₹13,490
- Here's why telcos and DoT want you to stop using illegal signal boosters and repeaters
- Almost nine months later, Future Retail-Reliance deal continues to hang in balance as Supreme Court stays further proceedings with Amazon
- Cryptocurrency liquidations hit record $10 billion amid US crackdown rumours and power blackouts in China