Trek unveils world's lightest production road bike a day before the Tour de France
Waterloo, Wisconsin-based company says it is the lightest bike it has ever made and the lightest production road bike in the world. The 56cm Émonda SLR 9 frame weighs 640 grams (1.41 pounds). Trek said the bike, with the build above but in size 56cm, weighs just 13.4 pounds (without pedals). The bike will retail in the US for $11,000.
AdvertisementIt is the same bike that two-time Tour winner Alberto Contador and his Trek-Segafredo teammates will ride over the next three weeks in the sport's biggest race. Because the bike is so light, the team will need to add weight to meet the minimum weight of 6.8 kilos (14.99 pounds) set by the UCI, the governing body of world cycling.
Business Insider got a peek at the ultralight offering, and you can see photos below.
- NASSCOM says Budget 2021 should ensure ESOPs are taxed only when shares are sold
- Asian Paints profit jumps 62% led by a powerful performance in the decorative paint segment
- How to apply for Home First Finance Company IPO
- Cryptocurrency startup BuyUcoin hacked, data of over 3 lakh users leaked
- Microsoft Surface Laptop Go with 10th gen Intel Core i5 processor launched starting at ₹63,499