10 things you need to know before the opening bell
Here's what you need to know before
2. US futures gain and dollar slips. Polls show former Vice President Joe Biden is maintaining a comfortable lead over President Donald Trump. See how markets are reacting.
3. What 5 possible election outcomes means for stimulus. A blue White House and a blue Senate is the most likely outcome with a high margin of victory, a macro strategist said. See other possible scenarios here.
4. The dollar could fall 15% by the end of 2023 whether Trump or Biden wins. Here's why more fiscal stimulus would still induce dollar weakness, according to Goldman Sachs.
5. A blue wave is historically better for markets than a red wave. During the six previous Democratic administrations, the S&P 500 was up 56% on average, market strategist Ed Yardeni found.
6. Corporate earnings are coming in much better than expected. With 64% of S&P 500 companies having reported third-quarter earnings as of Friday, a record 86% of them beat EPS estimates, FactSet data showed.
7. Earnings expected. Bayer, Thomson Reuters, Ferrari, and Exelon are highlights.
8. On the data docket. The 59th US presidential election takes place.
9. Some assets are underestimating the odds of a Blue Wave. Morgan Stanley has counted 3, which the firm says are set up for big gains if that scenario unfolds.
10. Stifel sorted through hundreds of stocks set to move on various election scenarios. The firm's analysts ultimately collected dozens to buy — and avoid — depending on what happens.
- Close-ups of footage said to show Gabby Petito's van near where a body was found appear to show the rear door closing
- Elon Musk pulled his 'last remaining house' off the market after vowing last year to get rid of nearly all his possessions
- It's never been more clear: companies should give up on back to office and let us all work remotely, permanently
- Durex takes down its latest social media post on the bus scene from Netflix’s Sex Education after internet users call it ‘insensitive’
- Three reasons why this might be a good time to buy Bitcoin
- Sony ZV-E10 vlogging camera with interchangeable lens launched in India
- US, India, Japan, Australia to sign pact for stepping up chip production, reduce dependence on China
- Here’s how to schedule an email in Gmail