4 key stock market trends retail investors should focus on, according to Goldman's international asset management chief
- Goldman's international asset management CEO broke down four key themes retail investors should look out for.
- He sees opportunities in ESG, healthcare, emerging technology, and companies focused on millennial lifestyles.
The pandemic has accelerated a number of trends in the stock market that retail investors should keep an eye out for, Goldman's Fadi Abuali said in a recent in-house interview.As the CEO of
How the largest generation in mankind's history saves their money, spends their money, and uses their time is a major area of focus for Goldman, Abuali said."They're tech enabled. They prefer healthy lifestyles. Focus on sustainable living. They also prefer experiences over things," said Abuali, who suggests investors seek out companies that will benefit from millennials' lifestyle choices.
The Green Revolution
ESG investing is also a major area of focus for Abuali, particularly because many COVID-related fiscal packages in economies across the globe include funding for renewable power, electric vehicles, and grid infrastructure.
Abuali said companies that invest in automation efficiencies, renewables, sustainable transportation, recycling, packaging, and plant-based proteins will "generate meaningful alpha opportunities" for Goldman and their clients.Emerging Technology While technology was an attractive area of the market through the COVID-19 crisis, the demand for working online and transacting remotely won't die down after the pandemic, Abuali said.
He said investors should seek out companies that involve cybersecurity, software as a service, cloud platforms, and data centers. These will all be "big beneficiaries" of the continued trend of working from home.
Abuali also sees key opportunities in the healthcare industry as a result of the coordination between the private sector and public sector during the pandemic.
- Best 32-inch monitor in India in 2021
- Delhi government allows reopening of bars, public parks and gardens from Monday
- India to hold two-day BRICS meet on Green Hydrogen initiatives
- SEBI asks PNB Housing to halt ₹4,000 crore preferential issue of shares
- Word Music Day 2021: Importance, history, memorable quotes and how to celebrate it during a pandemic