A majority of Americans are worried the coronavirus will hit the US economy
- An increasing number of Americans have grown worried about how the US economy will perform in the face of a fast-spreading viral outbreak.
- According to a Kaiser Family Foundation survey released Tuesday, 57% of Americans said they were concerned that the novel coronavirus would have a negative impact on the US economy.
- The respiratory illness has killed more than 2,700 globally and sickened tens of thousands more.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Americans have grown increasingly worried about how the US economy will perform in the face of a fast-spreading viral outbreak that has killed more than 2,700 globally and sickened tens of thousands more.According to a Kaiser Family Foundation survey released Tuesday, 57% of Americans said they were concerned that the novel coronavirus would have a negative impact on the US economy. A similar share expected there would be a "widespread outbreak" of the respiratory illness, called COVID-19.
The Centers for Disease Control warned Tuesday it was likely that COVID-19 would spread through communities in the US, where 57 cases have been confirmed.The Trump administration requested emergency funding to combat the illness from Congress late Monday, but Democrats have expressed concerns that it would not adequately protect the nation.
While Wall Street expectations for an interest-rate cut rose sharply as financial markets dropped in recent days, Federal Reserve officials have emphasized that it wasn't clear whether the central bank would step in.
Featured Digital Health Articles:
- Telehealth Industry: Benefits, Services & Examples
- Value-Based Care Model: Pay-for-Performance Healthcare
- Senior Care & Assisted Living Market Trends
- Smart Medical Devices: Wearable Tech in Healthcare
- AI in Healthcare
- Remote Patient Monitoring Industry: Devices & Market Trends
- India beats England in 4th Test, series 3-1, enters World Test Championship final
- Tech bids open for Mumbai-Ahmedabad Bullet train bridge project, says NHSRCL
- Tesla launches new social engagement platform 'Engage Tesla' for both public policy team and owner's clubs
- IndiGrid inks largest transmission deal with Sterlite Power
- Araku Valley, an idyllic weekend getaway spot in the north-eastern corner of Andhra Pradesh