A majority of Americans are worried the coronavirus will hit the US economy
- An increasing number of Americans have grown worried about how the US economy will perform in the face of a fast-spreading viral outbreak.
- According to a Kaiser Family Foundation survey released Tuesday, 57% of Americans said they were concerned that the novel coronavirus would have a negative impact on the US economy.
- The respiratory illness has killed more than 2,700 globally and sickened tens of thousands more.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Americans have grown increasingly worried about how the US economy will perform in the face of a fast-spreading viral outbreak that has killed more than 2,700 globally and sickened tens of thousands more.According to a Kaiser Family Foundation survey released Tuesday, 57% of Americans said they were concerned that the novel coronavirus would have a negative impact on the US economy. A similar share expected there would be a "widespread outbreak" of the respiratory illness, called COVID-19. Advertisement
The survey was taken February 13-18, days before an escalation in public health concerns among officials and investors.
The Centers for Disease Control warned Tuesday it was likely that COVID-19 would spread through communities in the US, where 57 cases have been confirmed.The Trump administration requested emergency funding to combat the illness from Congress late Monday, but Democrats have expressed concerns that it would not adequately protect the nation.
While Wall Street expectations for an interest-rate cut rose sharply as financial markets dropped in recent days, Federal Reserve officials have emphasized that it wasn't clear whether the central bank would step in.
Featured Digital Health Articles:
- Telehealth Industry: Benefits, Services & Examples
- Value-Based Care Model: Pay-for-Performance Healthcare
- Senior Care & Assisted Living Market Trends
- Smart Medical Devices: Wearable Tech in Healthcare
- AI in Healthcare
- Remote Patient Monitoring Industry: Devices & Market Trends
- Bio-secure bubbles – Here's how IPL players will be staying safe during the pandemic
- INTERVIEW: Chennai-based CAMS’ 30-year journey to an IPO
- Amazon pumps in money into MORE to take on the heavyweights Reliance Retail and DMart
- 30 COVID vaccine candidates being developed: Health Ministry
- INTERVIEW: Paytm trains its guns on Google while the payments app is back in Play Store