Shares of Axis Bank slipped over 4% today, but analysts expect stock to surge up to 40% from here
- The private sector bank reported 54% rise in net profit driven by fall in provisions and improving asset quality performance.
- However, shares of the bank slipped sharply by 4.5% today.
- Analysts believe some of the weakness in the stock could be attributed to fall in margin, higher operating expense and overall poor market condition.
The bank posted a 54% year-on-year rise in net profit at ₹4,118 crore compared to ₹2,677 crore in the same quarter last year backed by sharp fall in provisions and improvement in asset quality.
However, analysts believe March quarter was a mixed bag and some of the weakness in the stock could be attributed to fall in margin, higher operating expense and overall poor market condition.
“Axis Bank delivered a mixed performance with net earnings picking up sharply, supported by lower provisions, even as margin declined and operating expense (OPEX) stood elevated,” said analysts at Motilal Oswal.
Analysts at Prabhudas Lilladher also believed that the earnings were mixed as it said, “Loan growth was a tad higher led by retail, but the management was a bit cautious on credit growth in FY23 owing to a tougher global environment. The likelihood of realising the RoE (return on equity) forecast of 16% seems slim in the medium term as margin recovery could be protracted and operating expenditure may remain elevated.”
Meanwhile, some analysts feel the ongoing weakness in the market could have led to the sell off. “The correlation between the earrings and stock price should not be done currently because the market is in a sell off mode,” Deven R Choksey, managing director at KR Choksey Investment Managers, told Business Insider.
On the bright side, most analysts expect the share price of Axis Bank to surge up to 40% in the coming time.
$AXISBANK.NSE , Posted Good Results , From Technical Point of View, Stock has Weekly Resistance Near 815-820 levels and Weekly Support Near 635-645 levels , On Daily Charts Stock has broken the trendline and moving towards 720 levels which can act as support , however if gives a daily closing below 720 , it can move towards Weekly Support Zone i.e 635-645 levels. Bearish for Short Term— (@SWING_TRADING_IDEAS) April 29, 2022
SEE ALSO: Tata Motors reveals Avinya, a concept electric car with a refreshing design
BMW i4 electric car unveiled in India – price, features and everything you need to know
- Apple to launch new MacBook Pro models next month
- Amazon witnessed record Prime sign-ups during the Great Indian Festival Sale 2022, 68 percent from small towns
- Agnikul to launch Agnibaan rocket before 2022
- BYJU's clears ₹2,000 cr dues to Blackstone in $1 bn Aakash deal
- India installs avalanche monitoring radar in Sikkim