Dodla Dairy IPO – find out if you should subscribe to this Hyderabad-based dairy company’s stock
- The Dodla Dairy IPO goes live today, June 16, and it will be open for subscription till June 18.
- The total IPO size is ₹520 crore. The price band is fixed at ₹421-428, and each lot consists of 35 equity shares.
- Analysts suggest that the future prospects of the company make it worth subscribing to the IPO.
AdvertisementInitial public offerings (IPO) of dairy companies don’t come around often, so the Hyderabad-based Dodla Dairy’s ₹520 crore IPO stands apart from the rest for this reason, among others.
The 26-year-old company operates in South India. It is the third largest milk producer in the country, with its milk procurement standing at 1.03 million litres per day.
If that sounds exciting enough, here’s a brief look at the Dodla Dairy IPO details:
|Issue opens||June 16, 2021|
|Issue closes||June 18, 2021|
|Price band||₹421-428 per share|
|Market lot||35 shares|
|Minimum order value||₹14,980|
Here’s how much of the issue is reserved for different categories of investors:
|Particulars||Share of issue reserved|
|Qualified Institutional Buyers||50%|
Dodla Dairy counts the US-based equity firm TPG amongst its investors. Out of the ₹520 crore that it aims to raise from the markets, ₹470 crore will be via offer for sale from the existing investors, including TPB and the company’s promoters.
The remaining ₹50 crore will be raised via a fresh issue of equity shares.
Objects of the issue
The company’s prospectus states that out of the ₹50 crore fresh issue, ₹32 crore will be used toward payment of certain borrowings, which will help reduce its cost of finance and make the company debt-free.
₹7 crore will be used towards meeting incremental capital expenditure requirements of the company. The remaining ₹11 crore will go towards general corporate purposes.
Here’s what analysts are saying
Analysts at Angel Broking said that the future prospects of the company look better thanks to an improved product mix.
“Dodla Dairy has shown improvement in operating margin with an efficient working capital cycle. Going forward, we believe that it would perform better on the back of an increase in value added product mix,” said the brokerage.
Reliance Securities also recommended subscribing considering the long-term prospects of the company.
“Going forward, sustainability of recent improvement in operating performance will be the key for DDL’s valuation rerating in the medium-term. Considering strong OCF yield and consumer-centric business, which usually commands higher multiple, we recommend subscribing to the IPO from the long-term perspective,” it said in a statement.
|Dilip Davda||Subscribe for long term|
Understanding the business of Dodla Dairy
Dodla Dairy has a network of over 1 lakh farmers across South India, helping it procure over 1.03 million litres of milk per day. This makes it the third largest company by milk procurement, and the second largest private dairy company in terms of market presence.
Dodla primarily operates in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Maharashtra. It also has operations beyond India, in Uganda and Kenya.
Apart from milk, Dodla Dairy also has other value-added products like curd, ghee, butter, paneer (Indian cottage cheese), flavoured milk, ice cream, among other things.
According to the company, its main competitors are Hatsun Agro Products, Heritage Foods, Tirumala Milk Products and Creamline Dairy Products.
Here’s how it fares against them:
|Company||Net profit as of 31 March 2020|
|Dodla Dairy||₹49.87 crore|
|Hatsun Agro Products||₹1,12.27 crore|
|Heritage Foods||(₹169.4 crore)|
|Parag Milk Foods||₹93.69 crore|
Dodla Dairy's ₹520 crore IPO isn't to expand into new markets but to strengthen its foothold where it already exists
Here’s why Dodla Dairy has no plans to expand beyond southern India for at least the next two years even with its IPO
Shyam Metalics IPO worth ₹909 crore is live – find out if you should subscribe to this Kolkata-based producer of long steel products
Popular on BI
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- My fiancé and I picked out my engagement ring together before he proposed, and I don't regret missing out on the surprise
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- Sensex, Nifty50 trade in the green amidst volatility: Coal India, Airtel, Maruti Suzuki amongst top losers
- 10 Must-Do activities on your next Darjeeling Trip
- Govt received ₹1,70,501 crore in April as revenue
- Shubman Gill, Sunil Narine, Virat Kohli & more: IPL man of the series winners since 2008
- Five personal finance deadlines you can’t afford to miss in June