Dogecoin surges another 31% after touching new highs on tweets from Elon Musk and other celebrities
- The Tesla chief executive on Sunday fired off a tweet to his 46 million followers, promoting a one-minute video on
- On February 7, the cryptocurrency surged to $0.083745 at 5:29PM E.T. and ranked among the top 10 digital coins, according to data from CoinMarketCap.
- Snoop Dog, Gene Simmons, and Kevin Jonas are among the celebrities who have indicated enthusiasm for Dogecoin.
- Sign up here for our daily newsletter, 10 Things Before the Opening Bell.
Dogecoin jumped as much as 31% Monday after tweets from
The cryptocurrency surged to a record $0.083745 at 5:29 PM on February 7, and ranked in the top 10 digital coins, according to data from CoinMarketCap.In series of exchanges on Twitter, celebrities from Musk to
A day before, rapper Snoop Dogg tweeted a photo of a Shiba Inu, the breed of dog representing the cryptocurrency, attached to a human body. The caption was even simpler: "@elonmusk."On Saturday, Simmons dubbed himself "God Of Dogecoin" on Twitter. Pop music singer Kevin Jonas also got on the bandwagon with a tweet about the token.
Dogecoin's spike continues a string of recent moves higher on the back of Musk's tweets. Last week, the Tesla CEO sent shares of a little-known gold stock higher after praising the techno hit Sandstorm by Darude, while he previously sent shares of Etsy surging after tweeting "I kinda love Etsy"."Arguably the most entertaining outcome, the most ironic outcome, would be that Dogecoin becomes the currency of Earth of the future," Musk said earlier this month on audio-only social media app Clubhouse.
- 5-star rating refrigerator (fridge) in India
- Best soundbar with Dolby Atmos in India 2021
- Best soundbars with a wireless subwoofer
- Myntra signs up Hrithik Roshan, Vijay Deverakonda and Dulquer Salmaan as its newest brand ambassadors
- Google is now using Chrome as an added security layer for account sign-ins