Facebook, Apple, and Amazon add a combined $274 billion in market value following earnings
- Facebook, Apple, Amazon, all reported quarterly
earningson Thursday that exceeded analyst expectations and sent shares higher.
- On Friday, the three tech giants added a combined $274 billion in market value as stocks climbed.
- The three firms plus Alphabet are worth more than $5 trillion combined and are some of the mostvvaluable companies in the S&P 500, making up about one-fifth of the index.
- Watch Facebook, Apple, Amazon, and Alphabet trade live on
- Read more on Business Insider.
The three tech giants reported quarterly earnings that beat analyst expectations, sending shares higher.Facebook reported impressive revenue and said that performance in July looks strong despite advertising boycotts, sending shares up more than 9% Friday. Amazon delivered a record profit, and
Alphabet, which also reported earnings on Thursday, slipped Friday. Even though the company's earnings exceeded analyst expectations, it reported its first annual revenue decline in trading history, sending shares lower. potential anticompetitive behavior.
The four firms are worth more than $5 trillion combined and are some of the most-valuable companies in the S&P 500, making up about one-fifth of the index.This year, tech stocks have been major out performers — while the S&P 500 is roughly flat year-to-date, tech giants have outperformed.
- Amid tensions with China, US stealth bombers are back at a secretive Indian Ocean base for first time in years
- Hubble Space Telescope images explain why Betelgeuse was fading and how the monster star is not going to explode — just yet
- Bharat Petroleum reports 93% increase in its standalone net profit for April-June quarter
- WHO is talking to Russia to know more about their coronavirus vaccine
- Top stocks to watch today—IndiGo, SpiceJet, Hero MotoCorp, BPCL, Tata Steel, Glenmark Pharma and others