Goldman Sachs restarts cryptocurrency trading and will begin dealing bitcoin futures for clients next week, report says
Goldman SachsGroup has restarted its cryptocurrency tradingdesk amid a boom in bitcoin, Reuters first reported.
- The investment bank will deal bitcoin futures and non-deliverable forwards beginning next week.
- Goldman Sachs is also reportedly exploring a bitcoin exchange traded fund.
- Sign up here for our daily newsletter, 10 Things Before the Opening Bell
Goldman Sachs has restarted its cryptocurrency trading desk amid a boom in bitcoin, which saw its price rise 65% year-to-date and 470% in the past year alone, Reuters first reported. The investment bank will start dealing bitcoin futures and non-deliverable forwards beginning next week.
The desk, which will be part of the US Global
Bitcoin has also been embraced by major institutions from Tesla to Mastercard. Despite criticism from crypto bears, many investors see bitcoin as a hedge of inflation, while others see its potential to become a mainstream form of payment in the future.
- PM Modi speaks to Chief Minsters of Punjab, Karnataka, Bihar and Uttarakhand regarding COVID-19 situation in their respective states
- If you are feeling anxious and overwhelmed by the pandemic and the news around it, here are a few ways to calm yourself down
- Delhi extends lockdown till May 17, more strict restrictions to be imposed
- China's Long March rocket debris falls in Indian Ocean close to Maldives, ending days of uncertainty
- India crosses 4,000 mark of COVID deaths in a single day, total 2,42,362 fatalities reported so far