Markets to open slightly higher following most Asian peers
- Indian markets opened slightly higher as
SGX Nifty, an early indicator of the market, was up 0.25%.
- Cues from global market remain jittery amid US-China tension that emerged as US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is visiting Taiwan
- RIL, ONGC, ITC, Adani Green among stocks to watch out for on August 3.
AdvertisementIndian markets are expected to open slightly higher mirroring most of its Asian peers and SGX Nifty, an early indicator of the market which was up 0.25%
On the global front, China and US markets are jittery amidst US-China tension that emerged as US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is visiting Taiwan. This could add to the tensions between the countries as China does not officially recognise Taiwan as an independent state.
On the domestic front, the government has once again revised the
Here are some of the stocks that will remain in focus
Reliance Industries, ONGC
The government has raised the windfall tax on domestically produced crude oil to ₹17,750 per tonne and export taxes on jet fuel will be zero from ₹4 per litre.
Adani Green Energy
The company reported over 2% fall in consolidated net profit at ₹214 crore in the June quarter due to higher expenses.
The company has exited the lifestyle retailing business after a strategic review of its portfolio on August 2.
Bank of India
AdvertisementThe lender reported a 22% decline in standalone profit after tax to ₹561 crore in the June quarter on higher provisioning for bad loans.
Godrej Consumer Products, Adani Power, Adani Transmission, Adani Wilmar, Lupin, Gujarat Gas, Aditya Birla Capital, Vodafone Idea, Interglobe Aviation, Inox Leisure among companies to report quarterly results.
SEE ALSO: Kotak Investment Advisors launches new fund of funds, intends to raise ₹1,500 crore
BharatPe founder Bhavik Koladiya quits months after Ashneer Grover’s termination
Popular on BI
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- The CEO of software giant Intuit, which has avoided mass layoffs, says tech firms axed jobs because they misread the pandemic
- I flew cross-country with my 5-month-old son on my lap. Next time, I'm paying full price for him to have his own seat.
- Major train accidents that India witnessed in last 15 years
- Odisha rail crash: Rescuers try to raise buried coach, death toll at 238
- Largest road networks in the world – India beats China to take the second spot
- Manoj Bajpayee joins the league of on-screen lawyers like Pankaj Tripathi, Shriya Pilgaonkar & more
- List of famous things to buy in Lonavala