Markets to open slightly higher following most Asian peers
- Indian markets opened slightly higher as
SGX Nifty, an early indicator of the market, was up 0.25%.
- Cues from global market remain jittery amid US-China tension that emerged as US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is visiting Taiwan
- RIL, ONGC, ITC, Adani Green among stocks to watch out for on August 3.
AdvertisementIndian markets are expected to open slightly higher mirroring most of its Asian peers and SGX Nifty, an early indicator of the market which was up 0.25%
On the global front, China and US markets are jittery amidst US-China tension that emerged as US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is visiting Taiwan. This could add to the tensions between the countries as China does not officially recognise Taiwan as an independent state.
On the domestic front, the government has once again revised the
Here are some of the stocks that will remain in focus
Reliance Industries, ONGC
The government has raised the windfall tax on domestically produced crude oil to ₹17,750 per tonne and export taxes on jet fuel will be zero from ₹4 per litre.
Adani Green Energy
The company reported over 2% fall in consolidated net profit at ₹214 crore in the June quarter due to higher expenses.
The company has exited the lifestyle retailing business after a strategic review of its portfolio on August 2.
Bank of India
AdvertisementThe lender reported a 22% decline in standalone profit after tax to ₹561 crore in the June quarter on higher provisioning for bad loans.
Godrej Consumer Products, Adani Power, Adani Transmission, Adani Wilmar, Lupin, Gujarat Gas, Aditya Birla Capital, Vodafone Idea, Interglobe Aviation, Inox Leisure among companies to report quarterly results.
SEE ALSO: Kotak Investment Advisors launches new fund of funds, intends to raise ₹1,500 crore
BharatPe founder Bhavik Koladiya quits months after Ashneer Grover’s termination
Popular on BI
- Razorpay forays into loyalty and rewards segment with PoshVine acquisition
- Don't equate fun with money: Sundar Pichai to employees
- Best Intel-powered laptops for school students
- Festive season is here! Explore the best Intel Laptops for Education
- Reliance is reportedly planning to launch JioPhone 5G in India at a very affordable price