Pinterest skyrockets 37% after reporting blockbuster earnings with growth in revenue and users
- Pinterest reported quarterly
earningson Friday that exceeded Wall Street's expectations for revenueand showed solid user growth.
- Shares surged as much as 37% on Friday.
- "This quarter we reached a milestone—more than 400 million people now come to
- Watch Pinterest trade live on Markets Insider.
- Read more on Business Insider.
Shares of Pinterest surged as much as 37% Friday after the company reported blockbuster earnings that showed strong revenue and user growth amid the
- Adjusted loss per share: 7 cents reported, versus 14 cents (expected)
- Revenue: $272 million reported, versus $250.7 million (expected)
"This quarter we reached a milestone—more than 400 million people now come to Pinterest every month to get and stay inspired," said Ben Silbermann, CEO and cofounder of Pinterest in a press release. "In these tough times, we're seeing more and more people rely on Pinterest to cook at home, plan kids activities and set up a home office."He continued: "Businesses are helping them turn their ideas into reality as people are increasingly discovering and buying products on Pinterest."
The company added that people who came back to Pinterest during COVID-19 lockdowns continued to have high engagements once states began to reopen their economies. In addition, total advertiser revenue grew during the quarter, and more than half of spend was from small and medium-sized advertisers, Pinterest said.
Pinterest did not give any guidance for the full year 2020, due to uncertainty from the coronavirus pandemic. The company did estimate that revenue growth for July is about 50% higher on the year through July 29."We are encouraged by the performance of our business in July, but a tremendous amount of uncertainty remains given the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and other factors," the company said. "Our current expectation is that Q3 revenue will grow in the mid-30% range year over year." Advertisement
Pinterest is up more than 70% year-to-date.
- Best pedestal fans for home in India
- Indian Naval Ship maker Mazagon Dock’s ₹444 crore IPO opens tomorrow — Here’s what works for it and what doesn’t
- First-ever virtual G20 Leaders Summit to be chaired by Saudi King Salman Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud
- upGrad appoints former Amazon and Grab top honcho as the CEO of its UK, Europe, and Middle East operations
- Flipkart Wholesale kicks off its sale events with 'Big Festival Month'