An exclusive interview with BofA's stock-strategy chief, who shares her secrets for success
Hello everyone! Welcome to this weekly roundup of
Dear Readers,The Investing team at Business Insider spends a lot of time trying to figure out what sets the world's most brilliant financial minds apart from others. In a market where momentum reigns and everyone crowds into the same
The conversation with Subramanian is just one example of the work we're doing to help you excel in any market environment. See below for our best stories of the week, including a wide array of recommendations, strategies, and tips for navigating uncertainty.Thanks for reading! -- Joe
David Ryan, a renowned investor and the winner of the 1985 and 1987 US Investing Championships, shared his stock-picking methodology with Jack Schwager in a 1989 interview for his classic "Market Wizards" series.Ryan is an advocate of William O'Neil, the legendary trader and author of "How to Make Money in Stocks," and uses many aspects of his CANSLIM stock-picking strategy. He lays out the 11 criteria he uses to find the next big winner.
Read the full story here:
US investing champion David Ryan famously garnered a compounded return of 1,379% in just 3 years. Here is the 11-part criteria he uses to find the next big winner.
BlackRock unpacks the 4 biggest changes it has made to portfolios since the crisis began 6 months ago — and shares how it's positioning to thrive in a post-COVID worldWoodlock House Family Capital, analyzed decades of financial history to uncover the common threads that lived within stocks that had hundredfold returns.
Today Mayer has his sights set on an under-the-radar issue: Heico. He broke down the company's sales, free cash flow, and return on equity over the past 10 years to demonstrate the stock's attractiveness.Read the full story here:
Chris Mayer wrote the book on how to make 100 times your money with a single stock. He gives an in-depth assessment of the latest company that 'checks all my boxes.'
Stock pick centralSeeking experts who are willing to name names? Look no further:
- GOLDMAN SACHS: The stocks most loved by hedge funds have smashed the market this year. Here are 15 that those investors flooded into last quarter.
- MORGAN STANLEY: Buy these 12 underappreciated stocks that offer strong profit growth and are due for a surge
- David Baron's fund has returned 400% to investors in the past decade using 20 stocks or fewer. He shared with us the 3 stocks he snapped up in 2020 — and the 3 travel and entertainment bets he loves going forward.
- Goldman Sachs says buy these 9 stocks that are poised to continue crushing the market as the 'shared favorites' of Wall Street's biggest investors
Take control of your financial future and learn how to develop an investment strategy that works for you by attending "How to Be a Smarter Investor Now" on Tuesday, September 15 at 12 p.m. ET. The event is part of Business Insider's Master Your Money Live Digital Bootcamp series, presented by Fidelity.
Chart of the week77875129
The chart above shows how BlackRock's investment-allocation recommendations have changed since the coronavirus outbreak first started hitting markets in February and March. Much of the upheaval comes on the credit side of things. The firm recently revealed four specific shifts it's made to its overall portfolio.
Quote of the week
"Financial markets are a human construct, and behavior, psychology, and all the 'softer' disciplines matter just as much as determining the value that investors are willing to pay for an equity."— Savita Subramanian, the head of equity and quantitative strategy at Bank of America, on the value of incorporating disiplines like philosophy into financial-market analysis
- Night curfew in Ahmedabad, Surat, Vadodra and Rajkot to get extend by 15 days
- Whether we like it or not, Indians are already partaking in the superfood ‘trend’
- India records 16,488 new COVID-19 cases and 113 deaths in last 24 hours
- Maharashtra to conduct class 12,10 exams from 23 and 29 April
- Here is what to expect from Maruti, M&M, Hero, Bajaj Auto and other automakers in February auto sales