Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian and Youtube creators Cody Ko and Casey Neistat took part in a $5 million funding round for an app that rewards online shoppers with bitcoin
- Investors including
Alexis Ohanian, Cody Ko, and Casey Neistattook part in a $5 million funding round for bitcoinrewards company, Lolli.
- Lolli is a browser extension that rewards online shoppers with bitcoin when they make a purchase.
- Sign up here for our daily newsletter, 10 Things Before the Opening Bell.
A star-studded roster of investors took part in a $5 million funding round for Lolli, a company that rewards online shoppers with a small amount of bitcoin when they make a purchase.
On Wednesday, Lolli announced it completed its Pre-Series A funding. Alexis Ohanian's venture capital fund-Seven Seven Six led the round. Youtube creators Cody Ko and Casey Neistat also participated in the round, and so did Night Media, the management company that represents MrBeast, plus additional investors.
The funding will contribute to the mobile app development and international expansion of Lolli, according to a press release. At the moment, only residents of the United States can become Lolli members.
View all Offers
Dettol Original Germ Protection Bathing Soap bar, 125 gm, Buy 4 Get 1 Free₹ 220Buy On
Dettol Original Germ Protection Liquid Handwash Refill, 1500ml (Price Off)₹ 208Buy On
Mamaearth Onion Hair Fall Shampoo for Hair Growth & Hair Fall Control, with Onion Oil & Plant Keratin 250ml₹ 349Buy On
- 30% OFF
Pampers All round Protection Pants, Large size baby diapers (LG) 64 Count, Anti Rash diapers, Lotion with Aloe Vera₹ 801₹ 1149Buy On
- 6% OFF
Parachute jumbo pack 100% pure coconut oil 600 ml (bottle )₹ 236₹ 250Buy On
"The retail industry is facing an inflection point and the future lies with providing easily accessible crypto options," said Ohanian, who is the co-founder of Reddit and founder of Seven Seven Six. "I am excited to see how Lolli's mobile app development and international expansion will unlock new opportunities for both consumers and retailers alike. As an early investor in Coinbase, I believe Lolli has the potential to not only accelerate the future of bitcoin adoption, but also to fundamentally change the landscape for future generations."
- Weekend watch list for OTT — Fahadh Faasil’s Malik to Farhan Akhtar’s Toofan and more
- Reliance Retail surprises all by more than doubling its net profit in the last three months
- Reliance Jio adds 42 million subscribers but the average revenue is pretty much the same
- YES Bank’s net profit grows four fold as provision for bad loans shrink
- Amazon Prime Day 2021: Best deals and offers on headphones