Samhi Hotels stock rises on debut day, takes listing gains to 15.8%
- The Samhi Hotels stock listed at ₹134.50 as compared to its IPO price of ₹126.
- The IPO was subscribed 5.33 times at the end of the third day of the issue.
- It intends to use net proceeds towards loan payment and general corporate purposes.
AdvertisementSamhi Hotels, a branded hotel ownership and asset management company debuted on the bourses at a 6.7% premium. The stock later gained to close at ₹146 as compared to its IPO price of ₹126 — taking its listing gains to 15.8%.
The grey market had expected a mere 1% listing gains from the company.
The market cap of the company was at ₹2,812.66 crore, as per Bombay Stock Exchange.
The initial public offer (IPO) of Samhi was subscribed 5.33 times at the end of the third day of the issue. The issue received decent participation from qualified institutional buyers (QIBs) who subscribed 8.82 times. Retail investors however subscribed only 1.11 times.
Here are the listing gains of the market debuts in the last few months.
|R R Kabel||15.6%|
|Jupiter Life Line Hospitals||46%|
|Ratnaveer Precision Engineering||37%|
|Vishnu Prakash R Punglia||47%|
|TVS Supply Chain||5%|
The company had fixed the price band at ₹119 to ₹126 per equity share for its maiden public offer and the issue closed on Monday, September 18.
The public issue of shares that have a face value of ₹1 comprises fresh issuance of equity shares worth ₹1,200 crore and an Offer for Sale (OFS) of shares worth ₹170.1 crore.
The company intends to use net proceeds from the fresh issue towards loan payment and general corporate purposes.
Ahead of the launch of its initial public offering (IPO), Blue Chandra Pte sold 10.32 million shares or 8.4% stake to renowned investor Madhusudan Kela's wife, Madhuri Kela, along with Nuvama Crossover Opportunities Fund and TIMF Holdings have picked up stake in Gurugram-based SAMHI Hotels for a total consideration of ₹130 crore.
About the company
SAMHI Hotels acquires or builds primary hotels and thereafter renovates, rebrands, re rates the property and runs them. The 13 year old company has added 369 keys in FY23.
Pursuant to the completion of the ACIC Acquisition in August 2023, its portfolio increased to 4,801 keys across 31 operating hotels. It also has land to build a 350 keys hotel in MIDC, Navi Mumbai.
With the acquisition, SAMHI will get access to new cities like Jaipur and will improve its inventory and market share in Hyderabad, Pune, Chennai, and Ahmedabad. In addition, it plans to add two additional hotels and 617 keys in existing cities as well as two new cities, Kolkata and Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra increasing its presence to 14 key urban consumption centers.
Some of the marquee names in its portfolio are Hyatt Regency, Pune; Courtyard by Marriott, Bengaluru; Four Points by Sheraton (Ahmedabad and Vizag); Fairfield by Marriott in Chennai Sriperumbudur, Coimbatore, Goa, Kharadi, Bengaluru) and Holiday Inn Express across Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Pune, Gurgaon, Hyderabad, Nashik, and Chennai.
Popular on BI
- The 10-year Treasury yield will drop to 3.5% by the end of next year as the massive bond rally will continue, UBS says
- Instagram's crisis highlights the bigger issues the entire ad industry is facing
- Exit polls predict BJP advantage in MP, Rajasthan, Congress win in Chhattisgarh, Telangana and tight contest in Mizoram
- "Meeting friends is always a delight": PM Modi reacts to 'Melodi' selfie shared by Italian counterpart Georgia Meloni
- WhatsApp testing new feature that lets you search users by their username
- Delhi airport: Flights diverted due to bad smog, bad weather
- Meta expanding child safety measures as scrutiny mounts
- IPL has given me confidence to remain calm under pressure: Rinku Singh