Top stock movers —ITC, Future Retail, Vedanta, Wipro, Premier Explosives, Shilpa Medicare and more
- The 30-share BSE index was trading over 396 points, and the broader NSE Nifty rose 0.91% at 9:45 am.
- Here’s a list of the top losers and gainers in the Nifty pack.
- These are the top stocks that are buzzing in trade today.
- Check out the latest news and updates on Business Insider.
AdvertisementIndian stock market indices Sensex rallied nearly 400 points in opening trade on Monday, led by gains in index-heavyweights HDFC, Infosys and Reliance Industries amid largely positive cues from Asian markets.
The 30-share BSE index was trading over 396 points, and the broader NSE Nifty rose 0.91% at 9:45 am.
Here’s a list of the top losers and gainers in the Nifty pack.
*as of October 12, 9:55 am
|Top Nifty Gainers||Top Nifty Losers|
|Power Grid||Tata Motors|
|Kotak Bank||Hero MotoCorp|
These are the top stocks in news today.
Vedanta locked in 10% lower circuit
The shares of Vedanta were locked in a 10% lower circuit after its buyback offer is deemed to have failed as per the terms of the delisting regulations. This comes after its promoter Vedanta Resources did not receive the required number of shares to delist the firm.
Wipro trades in green
The shares of Wipro were trading barely a percent higher ahead of its earnings today and the buyback announcement due tomorrow.
Glenmark Pharma cracked 2%
The shares of Glenmark Pharma lost 2% after the company said that its Umifenovir did not show superior clinical outcomes when added to Favipiravir treatment for moderate coronavirus.
Premier Explosives locked in 5% upper circuit
The shares of Premier Explosives were locked in 5% upper circuit for the second time in a row after the company said it had bagged ₹82.83 crore order from a state-run Singareni Collieries Company in Telangana for the supply of SMS/SME explosives and accessories.
AdvertisementShilpa Medicare down 7%
The shares of Shilpa Medicare were down 7% after its Telangana-based Jadcherla facility received a warning letter from the US drug regulator on October 9. The company said that it will be engaging with the agency and is fully committed to resolving this issue at the earliest.
Future Retail shares lost 7%
The shares of Kishore Biyani led Future Retail was down 7% after reports surfaced that arbitration proceedings between e-commerce giant Amazon and Future Group are expected to start in November. The reports also claimed that Amazon might succeed in the arbitration proceedings against Future Group.
ITC shares gain 5%
The shares of hospitality and cigarette giant ITC were up 5% after CLSA upgraded ITC rating from outperform to ‘Buy’ with a target price of ₹220 per share. CLSA says FMCG is the new value driver and long-term positives are unfolding as revenue diversifies.
AdvertisementSEE ALSO: Top stocks to watch — Vedanta, Wipro, RITES, Mazagon Dock, UTI AMC, Glenmark Pharma, and others
China launches Earth observation satellite amid border tensions with India
Popular on BI
- Life and times of Rakesh Jhunjhunwala — the man behind the trader
- DOJ officials were alarmed by surveillance footage of the Mar-a-Lago room where classified info was being stored, report says
- Meet Judge Bruce Reinhart the magistrate who approved the FBI search warrant into Trump's Mar-a-Lago home receiving threats from MAGA supporters
- Unlike millennials, GenZ employees don’t want to quit but want fewer working hours
- IIT Bombay and JSW Group to establish a technology hub for steel manufacturing
- Realme 9i 5G Review - 5G Upgrade With Cosmetic Changes
- Top 5 automatic cars under ₹10 lakh in India
- India's demand for the yellow metal rises 43% in Q2: World Gold Council