2 Bad Habits Successful People Avoid
Strelka Institute for Media, Architecture and Design/flickrTime is perhaps the world's most valuable resource, and how you spend yours may determine whether you have a productive, successful career - or one that is ultimately unfulfilling.
Writing on LinkedIn, marketing strategist Jerome Knyszewski highlights two habits successful people avoid in order to make the most of their time.
1. Saying "yes" when they should say "no."
"A sure way to fail is to want to succeed so badly that we fail at keeping it simple," Knyszewski writes.
What he means is that in our pursuit of success, we can sometimes go overboard and take on additional tasks, meetings, and responsibilities that get in the way of us achieving our primary goals.
Instead, he says, we must learn to become comfortable saying "no."
"There is no need to be rude about it, just be firm, with others, maybe, with yourself first for certain!" he writes. "You are the one that bites off more than you can chew and end up choking."
2. Letting tomorrow sneak up on them.
In business, as in life, it's nearly impossible to do well in the future without planning for it now.
Knyszewski writes that what you are able to achieve tomorrow will be largely contingent on what you do today to prepare yourself, plan your agenda, and assign tasks to your team.
"Successful people live today with tomorrow in mind, without having tomorrow overcome them today," he explains.
Want your business advice featured in Instant MBA? Submit your tips to tipoftheday@. Be sure to include your name, your job title, and a photo of yourself in your email.
- I'm a 56-year-old IT worker who got laid off last year and have been unemployed ever since. I have a hunch I'm not finding work due to ageism. How do I prove it?
- Germany relaxes Schengen visa rules for Indians
- Kanye West says he's selling Balenciaga, Adidas, and Gap hoodies for $20 after the companies all cut ties with him
- Revenge spending effect: Household savings dip to 5 -year low
- With no signs yet of inflation cooling, experts predict more rate hikes
- Covid hit mental health of kids, young people harder than thought
- Smog envelops Delhi, AQI remains in 'very poor' category
- Egypt president to be chief guest at Republic Day celebrations
- Tata Aviation
- Visa Platinum Prepaid Card
- Interest Rate on Deposits
- Uniparts IPO
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- tata Consumer
- Asus new Desktop
- Sandhya Devanathans
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Small Cap Companies
- India Pharma
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World