That ISIS Five Year Expansion Plan Map Is Fake
ABC News has published a map that shows ISIS' alleged 5-year expansion plan.
The map shows a possible future caliphate based upon previously held Islamic territory throughout history. The map seems to confirm everyone's worst fears of a new global jihad inspired by ISIS.Except, according to Tim Fernholz at Quartz, the map itself is a fake.
The map is a fantasy that harkens back to the initial age of Islamic expansion. What the creators of the map seem to gloss over, however, is that this expanse of Islamic-ruled lands was never centrally controlled. Instead, there have always been a number of rival power centers throughout the Muslim world that have vied for control - often bloodily against each other.Over the weekend, ISIS changed its name to simply "the Islamic State," and pronounced its leader to be the caliph, or the global leader of Islam. However, a number of religious leaders have come out against the claim, saying that ISIS is making a mockery of Islam.
- PM's visit to vaccine centres gets 'praise' from Congress
- Pollution, pandemic and pre-term birth
- Serum Institute of India threatens to seek ₹100 crore in damages from Chennai volunteer
- PM to interact with more teams of Covid-19 vaccine developers
- UP to have cold chain space for 1.23L litres of vaccine