The 19 best towns and cities to work in Britain
Places of all sizes all over the UK make it onto the list, but surprisingly London is not one of them.
Glassdoor's new job report measures three key features to determine an area's "jobs score," which is marked out of five:
- How easy it is to get a job (hiring opportunity).
- How affordable it is to live there (cost of living).
- How satisfied employees are working there (overall job satisfaction).
Glassdoor's chief economist Dr. Andrew Chamberlain said in a statement:
"These results are a reminder that although there are more jobs in London and employees are generally pretty satisfied, it is a competitive place to work and an expensive place to live. Towns and cities such as Nottingham, Leeds, and Reading offer decent salaries and job prospects combined with a lower cost of living which means your money will go further, you can save, and still and have a good quality of life."
Here are the UK town and cities that made the list:
This story was originally published by Glassdoor.
- Bahamas, Taiwan, Malta & more: Here are 10 countries offering digital nomad visa
- Maruti Suzuki cars will get costlier from January 2023
- Paytm’s optimistic growth projections boost sentiments, shares climb nearly 8%
- India stands like oasis in era of uncertainty amid global inflation, says SBI Research
- Personal loans fintech platform KreditBee raises $80 million in Series-D investment round
- Dharmaj Crop IPO
- Reliance Jio
- Digital Nomad Visa
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Maruti Suzuki
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World