The 25 most expensive cities around the world to rent a two-bedroom apartment
- Deutsche Bank released its annual "Mapping the World's Prices" report, highlighting the average monthly rent for a typical two-bedroom apartment.
- Hong Kong is the world's most expensive city to rent a two-bed apartment in, while San Francisco is the most expensive in the US.
- Four US cities ranked in the top 25 most expensive cities to rent in.
- Visit BusinessInsider.com for more stories.
If you're looking to save money on housing, you probably shouldn't live in Hong Kong.It's home to the world's most expensive rent, according to Deutsche Bank's 2019 edition of its annual "Mapping the World's Prices" report. The report highlights the cost of living in 50 global cities, including the average monthly rent for a typical two-bedroom apartment. To determine this specific data, the report sourced prices from Expatistan, a site that tracks cost-of-living expenses in over 200 countries.Advertisement
Hong Kong and San Francisco are the only two cities on the list where the average two-bedroom rent exceeds $3,000. San Francisco is one of four US cities that make the list of the top 25 global cities with the most expensive rent, along with New York, Boston, and Chicago.
Worldwide, rent in Dubai saw the biggest decline from the past year, while rent in Frankfurt, Tokyo, and Zurich saw the biggest rent increases.Below: See the the most expensive cities in the world to rent a two-bedroom apartment. All monthly average rent is in US dollars, and the percentage change refers to the increase or decrease in rent from 2018 to 2019.
25. Milan, Italy
24. Shanghai, ChinaAdvertisement
23. Frankfurt, Germany
22. Stockholm, SwedenAdvertisement
21. Chicago, US
20. Auckland, New ZealandAdvertisement
19. Vancouver, Canada
18. Dubai, UAEAdvertisement
17. Wellington, New Zealand
16. Toronto, CanadaAdvertisement
15. Helsinki, Finland
14. Oslo, NorwayAdvertisement
13. Copenhagen, Denmark
12. Amsterdam, NetherlandsAdvertisement
10. Tokyo, JapanAdvertisement
9. Sydney, Australia
8. Dublin, IrelandAdvertisement
7. Boston, US
6. London, UKAdvertisement
5. Paris, France
4. Zurich, SwitzerlandAdvertisement
3. New York City, US
2. San Francisco, USAdvertisement
1. Hong Kong
- Odisha man arrested for manufacturing fake Covid-19 vaccine
- J&J Covid vaccine produces strong immune response in early trials
- PM Modi at UNGA: 'How long will India be kept out of decision-making structures of UN'
- China says WHO gave support for Covid vaccine emergency use
- WHO warns death toll may hit 2mn even with vaccine