The best makeup brush cleaner you can buy
The Insider Picks team writes about stuff we think you'll like. Business Insider has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase.
- There's so much advice out there about how to clean your makeup brushes, it can be a challenge to find the method that works best for you.
- Cinema Secrets Professional Brush Cleaner makes it simple to get a deep clean without spending an hour hunched over the sink.
I love just about everything that comes with wearing makeup - apply it, removing it, shopping for it. But cleaning my makeup brushes? I could do without that part. And in fact, I often do. I definitely don't wash them as often as I should. My signal that it's finally time comes when the bristles on my go-to eyeshadow brushes are so gross all my looks turn a singular muddy shade of sorta glittery brown.Having a good cleansing method does take a lot of the stress and guesswork out of the situation. If you have an effective makeup brush cleaner, you'll be less likely to put off the task. From DIY options to instant brush cleaners to deep-cleaning shampoos and fancy tools, there are a ton of makeup brush cleansers on the market.
What type of brush cleaner you use will depend on how many brushes you have in your collection and on your makeup-wearing habits. But no matter what, it's a good idea to have both an option for deep cleaning and a spot treatment on hand. This way you don't have to worry about leftover powders mixing together while you're doing your makeup, even when you're in between washes.
Here are the best makeup brush cleaners you can buy:
- Best makeup brush cleaner overall: Cinema Secrets Professional Brush Cleaner
- Best cheap makeup brush cleaner: e.l.f. Daily Brush Cleaner
- Best fast makeup brush cleaner: Sephora Collection Color Switch by Vera Mona Brush Cleaner
- Best deep cleaning makeup brush cleaner: Bobbi Brown Brush Cleaner
- Best makeup brush cleaner mat: Sigma Spa Beauty Express Brush Cleaning Mat
Read on in the slides below to check out our top picks.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.