The best pizza ovens you can buy
- A high-quality pizza oven achieves high temperatures with minimal preheating, can cook mouth-watering pizzas of several sizes, and requires minimal clean-up.
- The Gozney Roccbox Pizza Oven is our top pick because it's easy to assemble and transport, reaches temps of up to 930-degrees Fahrenheit, and cooks delicious pizzas with crispy, flavorful crusts in 60 seconds.
Wouldn't it be awesome to have a brick pizza oven in your backyard? You could host pizza parties and dish-out custom gourmet pizzas to guests with minimal effort. Unfortunately, not all of us have the funds or space for a true brick pizza oven. Luckily, there are several affordable pizza ovens that reach the same high temperatures without taking up dedicated space in your backyard.
There are essentially two main types of outdoor pizza ovens: gas and wood-fired. Gas ovens typically rely on propane and provide consistent fuel throughout the cooking process. Wood-fried ovens are a bit more temperamental. You need to keep a close watch on the wood - usually pellets - to ensure it's getting plenty of airflow and doesn't need to be replenished. Many purists claim wood-fired pizzas taste better. Charcoal can also often be used in wood-fired ovens. And, some ovens, including our top pick, offer both wood and gas options.
We also considered some indoor options, which are useful to have on hand when your dough balls are ready to go but the weather outside isn't cooperating. However, don't expect to find many indoor ovens that both reach 800-plus degrees Fahrenheit and don't cost thousands of dollars.When cooking pizza at high temperatures, you need to be careful that you aren't using as much water in your dough. This is because the crust is cooking so quickly that there isn't much time for the water to evaporate. If you use too much, the toppings will cook much faster than the dough, and you'll have trouble rotating the pizza during the cooking process.
This leads us to another tip: rotate your pizza. The side of the pizza closer to the heating element will bake faster. So, about halfway through the cooking process, use your pizza peel and maybe some tongs to rotate the pizza 180 degrees. With such high temperatures, practice grilling safety like you would with any outdoor grill.
For more tips on making outstanding pizza at home and what tools you'll need to do it, check out our guide to the best pizza-making tools you can buy.
While researching the best pizza ovens, we looked at countless ratings and reviews of dozens of models from experts and buyers. Our guide features ovens that are durable, easy to use, and cook top-quality pizzas.
Here are the best pizza ovens you can buy:
- Best pizza oven overall: Gozney Roccbox Pizza Oven
- Best budget outdoor pizza oven: Pizzacraft PizzaQue Portable Outdoor Pizza Oven
- Best wood-fired pizza oven: Ooni 3 Pizza Oven
- Best high-temp indoor pizza oven: Breville Smart Oven Pizzaiolo
- Best low-cost indoor pizza oven: Presto Pizzazz Plus Rotating Oven
- Best grill-top pizza oven: BakerStone Pizza Oven Box
- Best pizza oven for charcoal grill: KettlePizza Oven Kit
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.