The owner of Budweiser and Corona is planning the largest IPO of 2019. Meet the company's notoriously private CEO, who only has one hobby and doesn't like company perks
JASPER JACOBS/AFP/Getty Images
- Carlos Brito is the CEO of brewery group Anheuser-Busch InBev, which produces popular beers like Budweiser, Bud Light, Corona, and Stella Artois.
- As Markets Insider reported on July 2, AB InBev is planning to hold what is expected to be the largest initial public offering of 2019.
- Brito is extremely private about his personal life.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Brewery titan Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly planning the largest IPO of 2019, and one of the greatest beneficiaries will be CEO Carlos Brito.
Markets Insider reported on July 2 that the debut of AB InBev's Asia-Pacific business on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange could raise $9.8 billion.
Brito had an options grant that was worth more than €250 million (about $469 million in today's dollars) in 2008 according to the Financial Times, but it could be worth substantially more after the IPO.
The Brazilian-born CEO is notoriously private, but keep reading to learn to take a look into his life.
Carlos Alves De Brito, 59, was born in Brazil. He has said that uses his heritage to guide his business decisions.
Brito has an MBA from the Stanford Graduate School of Business.
Brito is an extremely private person.
Brito doesn't have a lot of hobbies.
Most of his time is dedicated to Anheuser-Busch InBev, which he has run since 2008.
AB InBev calls itself the world's largest brewer.
Brito is known for his tough management style.
AB InBev may now be planning the world's largest IPO, but the company hasn't always flourished under Brito's leadership.
Brito isn't a fan of company perks, including free beer.
- How OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI
- A leading supplement researcher says she doesn't take any — because she's getting what she needs from her vegan diet
- Mattel rolled out a Barbie to honor a late Cherokee Nation chief with a language error on the box that says 'chicken' instead of 'Cherokee'
- 10 dry fruits to include in your daily winter diet
- Paytm to focus on big ticket loans to low-risk credit-worthy customers
- 10 Cities in India perfect for a chill and relaxed life
- India’s economic rise: How global tech giants are chasing the next big growth engine
- Lamborghini Revuelto: Plug-in hybrid supercar with V12 engine hits Indian roads